HybridZ

New 2JZGTE 240z upgrade pics

Z-Gad

Yet another flurry of upgrades were completed this week on the 2JZGTE 240z.

Here's the laundry list...

New intake manifold (major portwork to the inside of the manifold to compliment the ported head)

4" throttlebody

1000cc R/C injectors,

Precision PTE-76 GTS turbo

3" aluminum piping from turbo to intercooler (was 2.5")

3.5" aluminum piping from intercooler to throttlebody (was 3")

Tial BOV replaced the HKS SSQV (was too small)

Here are the pics...

showphoto.php?photo=8698&cat=500

showphoto.php?photo=8692&cat=500

showphoto.php?photo=8691&cat=500

but the wheels !!! seriously awesome. i love your car!

LOL ... Yep, I owe you one for those

Gabe - We'll just have to see how it runs. I have a lot of tuning to do with the new injectors, but I expect some interesting numbers once it is sorted out and if I can get the car to launch.

I don't see any reason I will not be able to make 800+ rwhp easily once tuning is complete.

John - You don't have to worry about me yet... maybe soon, but not yet :wink:

Wheres da nos? Have you had the convereted restalled

I am still debating my choices. I have lost my ability to launch the car as I have outgrown the 4200 stall. A friend offered to let me borrow his nitrous kit (Thanks KEN!!) to see how it launches on the bottle with the same converter. If I like it, I'll forgo the converter and just run a bottle to spool the turbo. I may or may not end up doing the converter afterall... we'll see. I am going to run the car tonight, more for tuning than for times, as I will not have the nitrous kit on the car tonight. I have to do a whole new fuel curve and it is impossible to do 25+ psi pulls on the street.

I am still debating my choices. I have lost my ability to launch the car as I have outgrown the 4200 stall. A friend offered to let me borrow his nitrous kit (Thanks KEN!!) to see how it launches on the bottle with the same converter. If I like it, I'll forgo the converter and just run a bottle to spool the turbo. I may or may not end up doing the converter afterall... we'll see. I am going to run the car tonight, more for tuning than for times, as I will not have the nitrous kit on the car tonight. I have to do a whole new fuel curve and it is impossible to do 25+ psi pulls on the street.
I said it before YOU DA MAN!!!!!, and my HERO! Best of luck tonight and keep it between the cones. You might need to think about a parachute. I can't wait to hear the results! The pictures looked Great. :cool: Jerry

Wow a viva...!!! This is too much for me, at first i was looking at youre project photos and i tought to my self this is way too much and imposible and also too fast. But hey looks like you got everything under control. Isnt there only like a couple of 2jz Z around states? Well thats a debate for latter. But hey i dont if you dealt with this place before, called Sound Performance. These are the guys that have build one of the fastest street driven Supras in Mid West, i think its a race car now but still has all the interior pieces. These guys sell their own line of turbos and transmisions as also stall converters, basiclly anthing that you could do to a 2jz motor they have. If you want check them out at www.sound-performance.com

Good luck too you i wana see this car brake into 8's that would be something wouldnt it?

I don't know about that, we have a friend who has a turbo in a mustang and he is flying, low 8's in the 1/4 on drag radials. I have found new respect for turbo's after last time at SEZ seeing you run and Thumper. Turbos are where it is at. Jerry my brother is planning on doing a turbo car. Good luck with the tuning tonight, please let us know the outcome.

John

LOL ... Yep' date=' I owe you one for those

Gabe - We'll just have to see how it runs. I have a lot of tuning to do with the new injectors, but I expect some interesting numbers once it is sorted out and if I can get the car to launch.

I don't see any reason I will not be able to make 800+ rwhp easily once tuning is complete.

John - You don't have to worry about me yet... maybe soon, but not yet :wink:[/quote']

Outcome was a bit of a mixed bag... It would creep out 250-300 feet before I could build any boost, then launch violently.

The car starts building over 5 psi of boost finally around 5000rpm's. I get full boost closer to 5700 RPM's. My stall is WAY too low for the power band (4200, but footbraking closer to 3500), so it is useless. I will need something in the 5000+ stall range to make this combo work without spraying. I am concerned about tranny temps on a long highway run (like to Reynolds) that the heat caused by the converter slip could have me going through trannys. The other option is spraying it out of the hole from 3000 rpm's or so, to spool the turbo and bump me up into my power band.

I'll figure something out.

Mike

On a positive note, I guess, when the boost came on, Holy Cow!! Now I come to yet another dilemma... tires ... My 255/50/16 drag radials which have worked pretty well up to now, were going away on the top end. Both passes I made at 24-25 psi would just kill the DR's after the 1/8 mile and the car would get loose. I HAVE TO get something stickier or wider or both.

Hey Z-Gad, we will be bringing our new dragradials along with our slicks. You can try the slicks to see if they help you, I am sure they will hold verses the drag radials. I would probably opt to spaying it with NOS to spool you up verses the 5000 convertor, this way it still be streetable, just push the button when you need boost quick.

John

Outcome was a bit of a mixed bag... It would creep out 250-300 feet before I could build any boost' date=' then launch violently.

The car starts building over 5 psi of boost finally around 5000rpm's. I get full boost closer to 5700 RPM's. My stall is WAY too low for the power band (4200, but footbraking closer to 3500), so it is useless. I will need something in the 5000+ stall range to make this combo work without spraying. I am concerned about tranny temps on a long highway run (like to Reynolds) that the heat caused by the converter slip could have me going through trannys. The other option is spraying it out of the hole from 3000 rpm's or so, to spool the turbo and bump me up into my power band.

I'll figure something out.

Mike

On a positive note, I guess, when the boost came on, Holy Cow!! Now I come to yet another dilemma... tires ... My 255/50/16 drag radials which have worked pretty well up to now, were going away on the top end. Both passes I made at 24-25 psi would just kill the DR's after the 1/8 mile and the car would get loose. I HAVE TO get something stickier or wider or both.[/quote']

The problem with the 4L80E is size and weight. Its a heavy transmission at over 150lbs. Plus converting it to a manual reverse valve body isn't exactly cheap. They are bullet proof, but really its not going to help Z Gad for this issue. He needs a little nitrous to make this work and be streetable.

Justin

Wow Mike!

Can't wait to see you run at SEZ.

Ever thought about a 4L80E? I would imagine you could convert to manual shift (no electronic controller) and have a switch for lockup....

You are in the same boat I've been in for some time now. I am waiting on my new nozzle to try the gas again. Hopefully it will work well for both of us. Looking forward to seeing your car again with the new setup. I was hoping to give you a run with some race gas and nitrous but I think You've got me whooped, regardless.

JT