HybridZ

Ultimate cutaway....Wire Z

v8wannabe2

I've been working on this off and on for the past few years. Recently I finished the rear suspension, added mufflers, built 2 NOS tanks and started the fuel cell. It's about 2 feet long, probably weights 50lbs (all steel). It's made from scrap metal and a lot of cutting and grinding.

wire_Z_Aug_06_frnt_side.jpg

wire_Z_rear_susp_mufflers.jpg

wire_Z_fuel_nos_out.jpg

Wire_Z_aug_06_engine.jpg

Enjoy!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool!

What you need to do though is hook up with those guys who build miniature engines that actually run and have them build you a L24 for it. They have a huge show up in Michigan every year where all these folks get together and show off what they've built in the last year. I've seen 1/16th scale harley engines, 1/10th scale V8's (including a blown hemi), and even a 1/24th scale locomotive engine. You name it, one of these guys has probably built it or is in the process of building it.

Thanks guys. Flames 187 if you have questions, fire away and I'll try to answer them.

Mason4300, I might do a steering wheel but that will be about it. I don't want to cover up the mechanicals. I started a roll cage at one point but it interferred with the body lines too much.

This is where I borrowed the idea from, I didn't have the $12,000 for their body (trelis as they call it) or the $30,000 for the motor so I built my own.

http://www.terzodalia.com/cat_main_eng.asp?par=cat_tel_250gto_eng.html

There some interesting history behind these at the Ferrari factory. Full size versions were made so the hand formed body parts could be built/checked on such great cars as the 250GTO.