HybridZ

It Lives!!!

Been going like crazy trying to get the hot rod together for SEZ and last night the monster breathed! Fired up at the first turn of the key and it sure sounds bad for a small block chevy. I'm running it through 1 7/8 primary Sanderson headers and 3" from the collectors through the 3" side-pipes. Won't mistake it for a Lexus for sure. Drive train is now complete....gotta finish the wiring, put in the dash, mount and hook up the shifter, put the interior back together, and make a cover for the fuel cell and I will take it out for a test drive. This thing was an empty shell on a trailer 15 June, so I'm pleased with the progress.

Specs: 71 240Z, wide-body conversion, Small block chevy, 4L80E, Denny's driveshaft, 9 inch ford, 4:11's, Moser axles, M&H DOT rears, full cage, etc, Oh, did I forget to mention it is a 454 cu in small block chevy....go figger :o)

Should be ready to go for SEZ....it will be ugly and untested, but looking to be there....

Wayne

Wayne,

Is the motor built by Bill Mitchell? I used to get his magazines (catalogs?) years ago. Looks like quality stuff and a well done conversion. I'm sure you'll boil the hides despite their width. Post seom videos when you do :mrgreen: It'll be good for us :2thumbs: BTW, is that another Z next to it? Can't wait for one project to get done before starting another? Man, you rock.

Davy

Hey, Rick...long time, no talk...it's KILLING me! looking forward to seeing you and yours also...need any parts???? :o)

Z-GAd- Many thanks for the kudo's...by the looks of your times, I should get a good look at your license plate...looking forward to it.

BuZy- Good thoughts...I have a tower brace I will install and we'll see what happens from there.

Hanns- gorgeous looking engine...I'm hoping those M&H's, adjustability of the four-link and 13.5 inches on the ground will let me leave without too much tire spin...I've watched 8 second runs on DOT's, so I'm hoping to sort it out.

DavyZ- Yes, the motor is a World Products built by Mitchell and his gang. Yes, you are an observant gentleman....that is a '78 totally re-worked with 383 chevy, 250 hp nitrous, built 700r-4, r230 conversion, full cage, etc, etc. The red car is an accident, I didn't really mean to do it...(yeah, I know, my wife said the same thing you are thinking :o)) On the other side you can see a Toyota Tundra that is going back together after SEZ....284 cu in motor has SBC forged rods, custom Ross forged pistons, re-worked overhead cams and lots of other stuff....did I mention it is supercharged, turbocharged, nitroused and alcohol injected? After I get the TEC3r installed and the motor tuned, I'm looking for 700 hp on pump gas and around 1000 on 110...Yes, I can't leave stuff alone. By the way, the 78 is for sale...everything to complete it and then some..it's about 85% right now. Will bring fliers to SEZ.

Wayne