HybridZ

Looky what was at my house this morning!

dr_hunt

Actually, there were two of them, this is the biggest one. I'll take pictures of the wildflowers, you simply cannot believe the endless amounts we have after all the rains. It smells so good!

There are not too many sights nicer than New Mexico after some nice rain... the brown vista is such the norm that when the wild flowers get their day, it is a complete shock to the senses. I am in Iowa, and have gotten to the point of taking lush green for granted... but I still think desert green is better, all the more so for its scarcity. I have been facing the prospect of moving back for quite a while now... and there are some things that I am seriously looking forward to. Wild flowers, adobe architecture, and chili roasting in the fall..... sigh..... = )

i grew up in casper! went to high school at natrona couty before my parents uprooted me to santa fe. thats crazy. i just took a vacation to wy and the blackhills with my family and showed them the house at the top of poplar dr by garden creek falls and showedthem the house where all of the deer go in the winter to get fed by the homeowners.

small world

jim

i grew up in casper! went to high school at natrona couty before my parents uprooted me to santa fe. thats crazy. i just took a vacation to wy and the blackhills with my family and showed them the house at the top of poplar dr by garden creek falls and showedthem the house where all of the deer go in the winter to get fed by the homeowners.

small world

jim

yup, outer drive up by casper mountain in the AM and Evening, used to be my dad's favorite. Boulder colorado has much the same, as does Yasin's yard evidently.

Guess what the weather is like today? You guessed it raining. It smells like I'm in a glade air freshener factory with all the rain and wildflower smells. Simply awesome.

That elk will probably die in the next two weeks. I'll post pic's, got a hunter coming in about a week.

We are expecting more rain here as well.... outlook calls for mold and spore counts to go through the roof.... at least it is late summer and the pollen count should be low... We get deer within a few blocks of my house (right in the middle of Davenport, Iowa) but the only thing I have caught in my yard is bunnies.... the neighborhood is simply infested with all of Peter Cottontail's cousins. Never seen a city so full of rabbits before. You can always tell when a new cat gets loose in the neighborhood, apparently cats are born thinking they are rabbit hunters. I have seen a couple lose their "virginity" in my front yard... looks fairly comical, but sounds like mass murder.

It's not that big really, probably 380 or so. Would make Boone and Crocket or Pope and Young record books, but there are bigger bulls, I saw one Thursday morning with about 8 cows, that was a 400 class bull. But is was peaking daylight and he hauled ass. Bulls like that in the picture are less dominant, but will end up with cows, the bigger bulls have more cows and are trickier to get a hunter on. They are pretty sharp though, you'd be amazed.