HybridZ

350rwhp options with Turbo L28

Zlovemachine

Please don't take offence to this Gollum' date=' because I think NOS is a very reliable power source. Who cares if it is a on and off power that runs out, it’s sorta like gas but perfect to run a sleeper.[/color']

I think I just might go NOS, because it would be the perfect way to get rid of turbo lag indefinitely and Keep drivability. I think I even have a nos bottle laying around from my V8Z that I never got around to hooking up. Hey thanks for reminding me!!!

So ya just gunna hook up a bottle n spray eh? That's how people melt pistons.... Be sure to post pics of the damage. icon10.gif

My thinking was that the first thing you do is get the standalone and go from there. Seems like its much more difficult when you cant properly tune the engine for your mods. I spent 260 for built megasquirt and harness, 70 for a laptop, 10 for 240sx TB/tps, 30 TB spacer, 20 IAT. So it cost me about 400 to get everything. It isnt that much when you think of how much power its gonna add in the long run.

be careful how much nitrous you use, because you could end up overspinning the turbo if the shot is too large.

Plus if he doesn't run an intercooler he could spin the turbo far beyond it's efficiancy and heat up his intake air, thus forcing detonation...

Look, zlovemachine, I'm not offended and I said what I said. You say it's reliable and it might be... ...in a sence. But please don't cry once you break something. Yes I've worked with nitruous, and yes I've had good and bad experiences. As of now I'm of the belief that if you want and good stable and usable power gains from nitrous a motor should be built for it. On a stock motor it's really only good for 1/4 bragging rights. (nothing wrong with that though)

I think a little 50 shot would be a great way to spin your turbine up a little faster and at that rate it won't go through a bottle very fast and won't put that much additional stress on your driveline.

You'll need to connect it to an rpm sensitive switch to shut it off once you reach full boost. I wouldn't want to be boosting with N20 at the same time unless it was professionally tuned on a dyno.

So ya just gunna hook up a bottle n spray eh? That's how people melt pistons.... Be sure to post pics of the damage.

You can do the same running lean with a turbo.

As other have said 350 rwhp is easily on just pump gas. Bigger turbo (larger turbine wheel too, not an upgraded stocker), fuel, intercooler and whatever yopu want to control it with and 15-16 psi. Don't let it run lean and don't let it knock and a stock block L28et will make as much power as you can get air thorugh it.