HybridZ

97 firebird for $1500

well, this is a big decision because i was planning on using a 350 out of a old gmc truck that i picked up, and this will mean spending my swap budget upfront, but in the long run a 97 lt1-t56 combo compared to a 77 carbed 350-Th350 isn't even funny. So i can always buy it, set it aside and save up for a couple months and move on.

$1500 is more than a deal for the total car in that condition

you can more than likely sell enought interior and exterior body parts on EBAY or to the local body shops to make back a good percentage of the costs making the engine and trans you keep a great deal

just a door or hood, or grill, seats, dash, console, windshield, etc, could easily net you $70-several hundred dollars EACH

How many miles are on it? $1500 sounds like a good deal for just the engine and transmission, let alone a complete car. You can save yourself a lot of money by having the whole car. Swap everything you can and sell the rest. There are a few members here that wound up getting their drivetrain for almost nothing after they sold off everything else that came with their donor cars.

That was a good move on your part to edit your post...you don't need any competition.

:icon52:

lol... well i took it down because i just got my trailer hitched up and was about to leave to go pick it up so it wasn't on the market anymore, but i got a email from the guy just now, after i asked if there were any issues with the engine or tranny, and he says

"the clutch is smoked from getting it off the flatbed cause the r/r fender is pushing into the tire. I was still autocrossing this car up till the weekend before the wreck and kickin WRX and RX7 ass all over the track. I just had the front crank seal replaced with a new harmonic balancer hub, but the seal is bunk and still leaks"

so my whole mindframe changed, i mean i was gonna spend a good chunk of money and thought the engine and tranny were perfect like the ad portrays....i don't want to spend the money on a autocrossed car with a blown clutch and leaks all over....that just kinda pissed me off i wish they would put all that info in the ad or upfront.....

What a score!!! DAMMM! I have been looking for the last 3 months to find such a score, I was even going to go as high as 2500-3K

We just don't have the selection here in the Northeast to find such cars.

I hate all you guys on the left coast with your super deals and rust free bodies.....

Well I really don't hate you guys because everyone is very helpful and very knowledgable but yes I am definately Jealous!!

Still looking for that LT1/T56 locally in NE

Greg

so with that said ^...So if anyone near seattle wants to put the extra money into the clutch, and seals maybe more?....here's the ad, i got him down to $1500, so offer that. But i'm not ready to put all the extra money into the clutch, or engine at this point so it might be better for someone else...

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/car/207543708.html

lol, i know! i mean i was about to drive off, and i get my emotions dropped like that..lol... I should know by now to never believe a ad, but i mean i thought this was ok because the ad says it's his baby and anyone can get in a accident... but it's a autox with a blown clutch and leaky seals...lol...

it's almost a sin not to get it

you'll make so much money parting it out you won't even know what to do with yourself. that's truly a give away

i can't get it on my trailer though.... the back end is so torn up it's sitting on the ground and my ramps aren't long enough...were trying to figure out a way to get it on right now, he's building some ramps for his corvette that might do the trick....