HybridZ

2+2 Owners

Challenger

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

update::

spoke to Zeddfindings, ill have to get the couple floors and make em work.

the new timing chain and gears are installed, im just waiting for the oil pump to show up and i still need to get the broken oil pump bolt out of the timing cover.....

that cas is beautiful!!! thanks man!!1

update!

we finally got the broken oil pump bolt out of the timing cover. the oil pump arrived WITH new bolts.

full on re-assembly of the front of the motor begins next week!

Yeah, each picture makes it look a different color. Sometimes brown, red, purple... When my car had only been jammed (door jams painted) I thought the buy had painted it black, but upon closer inspection it was the color I picked. The color really changes in different lights.

I saw a picture much earlier in the thread about a guy who had a client clint barks or something like that, is there a place to buy 2+2 side skirts??? I don't believe MSA sells them, I've been looking through their complimentary catalogue for like an hour and can't find anything! any suggestions?

i have some 2+2 fiberglass sideskirts from the MSA style 2 kit. brand new and never installed $200/shipped.

and an update on my cars: my '77 is getting mirrors put on today, as well as a windshield on wednesday. still trying to lean it out a bit

'78 part out is moving along. the car has lost all of its soul with no motor, trans, seats, front end, mirrors, or steering wheel. rear end is soon to be pulled as well. saving every manual part except for the transmission for my 5-speed swap down the road

DAMN IT.

so....we have the timing all set. compression is at 160psi on all six cylinders.

WHY WONT IT RUN!?

the plugs were still a bit fouled, so im cleaning those off, and i need to get some new GOOD gas for it.

anyone have the large rubber elbows that go from the intake to the MAF and then from the MAF to the intake box?! i need them urgently.

cool...just found this forum...its nice to find other 2+2's and fans of 2+2's so here's mine, its a 76 with baby Blue Pearl complete with ghost tribal flames(tastefully done), cowl inducted hood, MSA front and rear bumper details, 17" rims, 4 wheel disc brakes, engine is a 3.1 stroker with triple mikuni's(actually installed them last night 05/07)and a vintage(1979 from a Bob Sharp catalog) DOBI whale tail spoiler...I've owned it for more than 20 years and completed its body and paint in 2006, I'm redoing the suspension for its final phase this coming winter...It won 1st place Nissan Modified at the 2007 International Z Car Convention in Daytona Beach, FL and is a featured car at HIN in Chicago this weekend May 10th zcon2007048.jpg zcon2007049.jpg

Anybody have a picture of a whale tail 2+2?

I think i'm a little stupider because of that....

I just finished diong some rust work and body work on my '74 260 if you want to check it out u can here's the link

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2003723&l=baa15&id=1034520060

You don't need to have a facebook. Now i want to find a air dam/side skirt body kit for a 2+2 is there any place that's not so overpriced as MSA that I can find one?

ugh im slamming my head against a wall at this point with this god forsaken car.

i have the timing set. i have spark. i have air. i have WAY TOO MUCH FUEL!

ive already fouled a set of brand new plugs, and when i pull them out theyre fricken soaked in gas.

maybe the injectors are stuck?

ps. I love this thread, and I love 2+2s. even though i get told almost daily my car is ugly by people i work with lol