HybridZ

2+2 Owners

Challenger

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am also getting tired of fixing my car...but i know it will be worth it.

it ran fine when i swapped motors and now it doesn't.....then i had an electrical failure and it ended up being a fusible link...then i had to run a new wire for the starter....and yesterday i go to drive it to my z mechanic and it never made it

but on a good note i went to an autocross and it was awesome! i was shotgun in a '76 280z with tons of suspension and engine work and wow....what a ride. handled like it was on rails and i nearly shat myself

• 2 weeks later...

Toni L.

Nice work. I found out when putting the roll cage in my 2+2 that If the door bar was to high then I couldnt use the stock handels. Have you checked this? I wanted to be able to pull the handel from over the top off the bar. You might be able to get at it through them.

Douglas

Toni L.

Nice work. I found out when putting the roll cage in my 2+2 that If the door bar was to high then I couldnt use the stock handels. Have you checked this? I wanted to be able to pull the handel from over the top off the bar. You might be able to get at it through them.

Douglas

No i didn´t check that. My doors are fully stripped right now and i only tested that those fit to body. Thanks for information.

yeah i will. there isnt much to take though :(

two weeks is the deadline. two weeks from Tuesday the 27th, if i cannot get it at least drivable, then its over.

EDIT.

i have the toyota brake swap for my car that i dont need, if anyone wants it, its the complete swap calipers, rotors, hell i think it has the backing plates too. its 100% complete, i bought it off of a member on here not too long ago, and never took the stuff out of the box, its just collecting dust.

how much???

yeah i will. there isnt much to take though :(

two weeks is the deadline. two weeks from Tuesday the 27th, if i cannot get it at least drivable, then its over.

EDIT.

i have the toyota brake swap for my car that i dont need, if anyone wants it, its the complete swap calipers, rotors, hell i think it has the backing plates too. its 100% complete, i bought it off of a member on here not too long ago, and never took the stuff out of the box, its just collecting dust.

ive never taken anything out of the box i got, but i know its the complete swap, calipers, brackets, rotors, and i believe the pads as well. let me check the old for sale thread i got them from.

:EDIT:

here's what it comes with....

Toyota 4 Piston brake kit, includes non-vented front rotors, 240z hubs, S12+8 calipers, Earls stainless steel brake lines for front and rear. This is used but everything is in good condition, pads and rotors look like they have good life left in them

Finally some photos for you guys.

http://album.hybridz.org/member.php?uid=8086&protype=1

Have done flares and roll cage, lots of rust fixing and sanding. Trying to find someone to help finish the body work and paint now. I hate to farm it out but I just dont have the time as our business is expanding at a rapid rate and I am still a one man band. Seem to spend all day working and all night in meetings. Hopefully will have more progress soon.

Cheers, Douglas

i finally got rid of all the riveted metal blocking the seat bolt holes (the previous owner riveted the seats down) and bolted in another crappy drivers seat.

And then I finally drove it.....good god it was amazing!

This car rocks.

thinking about selling my other 1975 2+2, it has the newer version of MSA bodykit, car came from California, has a new interior as far as seats, full dash cap, and carpet. Its on 17" wheels with Nitto tires, no mods to the engine and a 5spd...the body isn't in bad shape just bad bodywerk...looks good from about 10 feet...haven't found any holes whatsoever just filler where some dents are...I'll email pics if anyone is interested...