HybridZ

I guess the real advantage for us is off the line

v80z

Got up with a friend of mine today. He said he sold his WRX and bought a Z06 . Man I love those cars. Sexy as big ol P*%%Y. Anyway we decided to meet up as he hadnt seen the Z running yet. Pulled up into the Lowes Parking Lot in Hampton at the Power Plant. It was the first time ever being near or in a c5 corvette. Very sleek. We then turn our attention to the "lowely Z". He admired it and the sound and that it is stripped to the bone. He told me it screamed race car. We have been to a track event together with our repective previous cars and talked of going again this fall. He said Man I wanna ride. I said ok lock yours up and lets go. Well we did a short blast then went an got some lunch. After we drove back and got his car I asked which way he was headin back to work? So we lined em up in the 45 mph outside the Lowes. He said go. 1st Shift Light 2nd Shift Light off throttle. Dude we were neck and neck. He said he couldnt get traction. I asked if he had his traction control on but there was no answer. I know that that car is in a whole different classification. Definately Gran Tourismo. But it was nice to hang with a Z06 to 65 mph. On track that car would definately whip me in endurance and engineering. Still It was a good Day!!!!!!

BTW My last experience was from about 35 mph to 70 mph with a 2001 Camaro Z28 LS1 T56. And he walked me. How can this be?

2 different drivers?

Z06 slower than a Camaro?

Standing start vs 35 mph roll?

I think Chuck Norris' dog must have peed on your tires when you weren't looking. Worth about 50HP, that's why you can hang with the 'vette.

And the same dog peed on the camaro's tires before you raced last time. Makes perfect sense now.

ROFL !!

Chuck Norris will go down in history for stuff like this !!

Somethings up, I ran a Heads, cam, headers, nitrous LS1 Camaro and I let him run me from a roll because he said he couldn't hook. I ran his race and still got him by 3-4 cars!

As Grumpy had posted in this or another thread. Go 383 Baby! Mine is very streetable and runs 10.80 in the 1/4 on drag radials. I have not hit the 175 shot yet. I need gears to go that fast. My 3.70's run out too early.

Mike

This has nothing to do w/ vetts but I thought id tell ya... I raced a Cobalt ss at 3 different lights... Spanked him in all 3. I know its not a big accomplishment but it was worth the look on his face when a 71' 240 v8 z

wooped the crap out of him with ease... $15,000 for nothing. I shoulda put $$$ on it... LoL P.S. Yea z's really hook---Because they are very light...

It was 1st & 2nd gear for the Camaro which would have put him as strong as he gets and he must have been a lot more than stock. The Z28 should be a full second and more slower than a Z06 through the quarter. The 'Vette is lighter and pulling 80 more HP in stock form.

I ran Zfan years ago and got my name added to the list of those humbled by him. He has a sweet, and very quick, car. I've also run an SRT-4 and a WRX Sti. Beat them both.