HybridZ

lookin For a 510 now...

Some-Guy

Well Im going to sell the 280z if anyone wants it its pretty rusted out but complete good for parts and it does run... if u can find a fuel pump...

I think I want to build some kind of 510 I saw a wrecked one today and got thinking I really like the styling of em would make a wicked rally car and I want to make it into some sort of crazy v6 powered thing.. Im thinkin about using the 4.3 chev I have a 2wd 5spd blazer with the 4.3 as a donor...

Anyone in the vancouver-ish area know of or have one they want to let go of for cheap??? obviously doesnt need a motor tranny or that much just not too too rusted out... drop me a line if you see one! please! Thanks!

posted by some-guy: I want to make it into some sort of crazy v6 powered thing..

I heard RonTyler has something like that, maybe he and BRAAP could induct you into their burnout club?

I like 510s as well. I always wanted to do a SSS model with a nice high power four cylinder in it. There's a seafoam green one around my area that I see all the time. My wife thinks it's the ugliest thing ever, but I think it's pretty hot.

• Administrators

I think I want to build some kind of 510 I saw a wrecked one today and got thinking I really like the styling of em would make a wicked rally car and I want to make it into some sort of crazy v6 powered thing.. Im thinkin about using the 4.3 chev I have a 2wd 5spd blazer with the 4.3 as a donor...

Someguy,

It just so happens I'm going to sell my 510. Email if you want specifics... rontyler@hughes.net

It also happens that I installed the Twin-Turbo V6 (VG30DETT) in Dave Lums 510... most overpowered car (for the chassis) I've ever driven :-)

• Administrators
hey ron, what's that look like with the hood closed?

Uh... terrible... The holes in the hood have been cut temporary... for about 2 years now. A body guy I am not. The owner anticipates having nice louvers added to the hood.

The intercoolers were mounted in that position mostly out of desperation. Figuring cooling could be an issue, I didn't want to locate them upstream of the radiator, preheating the air.

In all fairness, Steve Pepka did a lot of the 'brightwork' in preperation for a photoshoot (car made it into Mark Warners "Street Turbocharging" by HP Books)

• Administrators
So did you duct them, or are they just relying on the ambient air pressure that is building up there in the wheel wells?

Actually, I cut holes in an air dam...

LumSpoiler1.jpg

LumSpoiler2.jpg

...and ducted them into the IC's....

LumDuct.jpg

FWIW, I think there are many choices that are better suited to the 510 than an L28.

I agree. I own 2 510's and a 240Z. I used to have a V8 510. The L28 swap into a 510 is too much work and weighs too much for the front of the 510. Major firewall mods.

A VG30 is a better choice and is about the same HP as the stock L28. It is also a proven swap that has been done many times.

The SR20DET is another great swap for a 510.

A few guys are currently working on a VQ swap too. Dave Lum is working on a VQ35TT into a 510 right now. His is the car pictured earlier in this post.

I understand that you have the L28 but that shouldn't be the motivating factor in a swap.

I have tons of 510 parts if anyone is looking.