HybridZ

Drive way burn outs

Paz8

Got my driveshaft back and shortened, using the JTR rear flange, everything looks good. I couldn't wait to try the car out for the first time under power. I put a line lock in the car when I did the other converson mods. Car has no exhaust installed just headers now. So I jump on the brakes and hit the line locker and nail the throttle, the cars back end slides left with the tires spinning and I let go of the line lock, the Z launched like a rocket, burned rubber until i had to let off (driveway is 90 feet long) All I can say is f**kin WOW, even with the tires smoken this thing was pulling hard. Can't wait to get it on some open highway and blow it out a little. My son is comming over with a video camera and I will posts some video then.

• Administrators

Ok, here are the pics you all asked for, the “mother” of drive way burnouts, yours truly at the helm, Ron Tyler behind the lens…

Another Mastercard moment…..

Wife buys a nice Motor-home so the family can spend more “quality” time together, $$,$$$.$$...

A set of four Motor home tires, $$$.$$

A 1 megabyte memory card for Nikon Digital SLR, $$.$$....

Wife found lots of little rubber globs stuck to garage wall behind the motor-home, priceless….

LMAO…

Fog2Small.jpg

FOg3Small.jpg

Fog4Small.jpg

Fog5Small.jpg

Fog6Medium.jpg

• Administrators
Ok, here are the pics you all asked for, the “mother” of drive way burnouts, yours truly at the helm, Ron Tyler behind the lens…

That sequence still splits my sides :D

PETEW, I live right on the other side of the Blue Mountain from you, off of route 100, was up your way on Thursday to that EZ pull junk yard, what a zoo that place is. Found one 280ZX and four 300ZX's one is a turbo, going to get the rear and half shafts off the turbo for spare parts.

E-mail me and I'll call you, we are about 15 miles apart.

Hey couldn't help but notice. I'm so glad to hear that there are a couple left over there, one of the most car-unfriendly places in the united states. Now cars only have to live through wet, salty, snowy winters. Though the loss of industry is still saddening, at least the acid rain is diminishing, as there are some advantages to the steel mill, the textile mills, the concrete factories, and the semiconductor factories closing down, and that's definitely air quality.

(Those who think L.A. had bad air should have seen the Lehigh valley in the 70's, particularly Allentown and Bethlehem.)

I was born and raised in Bethlehem, moved to Allentown at 15, lived in Allentown until I joined the Navy. (Not to beat a horse to death but when I first got out to CA I was amazed at how CLEAR the air seemed...so despite me being a motorhead I can't really argue the tough smog laws.)

I miss it so much that I'm going back when I get out in Feb-March. I'm going to drive my infiniti and ship the Z unless I can find someone to drive back with me. (My ship is homeported in San Diego)

Then, the next project will begin. (Start a new job, get a new place..will probably live at my parent's for a few months till i get settled...and start wrenchin again.)

My next project I'm thinking about is an S110 or S12 200sx with the VH45 in it.

I have to get the Z done first, though.

WHen I get home we have to connect somehow, get a little Z club going over there!

Peace,

Bryan

Twoeightythreez, Would like to hook up when your back home, I too grew up in Bethlehem but alot longer time ago than you. I would like to thank you for your service to this country during these screwed up times. I am ex Army, Airborne Infintry, Vietnam Vet, so I can appricate what you are doing for us. Get home safely.

• Administrators
You forgot so soon? You don't remember the meeting was living proof that blind dates don't turn out the way you expect, I thought you're name was RONDA.... "You're a DUDE!?!?"

Now I remember... that didn't go so well!