HybridZ

I'm sick... look what I did to my CCW's

BTW... I wasn't implying that powder coating, properly done, is bad for the wheels. What I have heard of is wheels that are powder coated and then baked at 400F for the normal 15 or 30 minutes needed to cure the coating. This probably is OK, but then letting them sit in the oven as the oven cools prolongs time at temperature and could act like another artificial aging.

BTW... I wasn't implying that powder coating, properly done, is bad for the wheels. What I have heard of is wheels that are powder coated and then baked at 400F for the normal 15 or 30 minutes needed to cure the coating. This probably is OK, but then letting them sit in the oven as the oven cools prolongs time at temperature and could act like another artificial aging.

I didn't think you were implying that powder coating is bad, but for those certain special alloy wheels (billet or lightweight racing wheels),.... powdercoating is bad.. It doesn't take long for the alloys to start losing their strength.

Factory and most aftermarket wheels I will do, but not ones that I suspect are made of special alloys. (I wish I could though , people that can afford those wheels usually have deeper pockets :D )

Dude. If you can't do any thing with them. Send them to http://www.wheeltechniques.com/wheelrepair.html . I had a 5 star momo that was hub bent,I sent it to a wheel shop in N.Y. and they screwed it up worse.They made it look like an egg.Not only was it hub bent but now the rim was out of round.I think they had a bunch of monkey's beating on it with hammers.Then they said they couldn't do any thing with it!!! I sent it to wheeltechniques.They fixed it and it looked like bran new!!!I asked at the tire shop when I had the tire put on if they could spin it first to see if it was balanced,they said it was perfect, better than the ones I didn't have fixed.They do package deal for 4 wheels to refinish call them they are in California.It wasn't to much to have one fixed and refinished compared to replacing them.Worth a shot!! Mike

• 2 years later...

1) http://www.xtreemusa.com/metalpolish.html

xtreemmetalpolish.jpg

I have found this stuff works better than all the other Meguirs, Mothers etc etc metal polishes out there on the market.

Ever used Xtreem Final Detail? I'm addicted. It's "supposedly" an old Meg's formula that was discontinued and Xtreem picked it up. I thought I was the only person who used this stuff.