HybridZ

I feel dirty. (my z's first grocery run)

b__sosick

So today there was no other option. i was the only one that had the time to get groceries. I normally don't mind this...But this time..

No one would let me take their car!

So on my way to Publix I can hear the people in the cars next to me thinking...

that guy is going to get groceries in that z!

Pulling up to the parking lot, my palms get sweaty and my heart starts to race. It's already dark out but I hastily put on my aviator sunglasses. I pull the brim of my cowboys hat as low as it'll go. I only pull my head up far enough to see over the dash and steering wheel. I put my left hand over my face, shift with my right hand, and use my knee to steer.

I park in front of Long Horn Steakhouse a full 1/10th of a mile away.

My dad's old trenchcoat drags on the ground as I briskly walk towards Publix. I keep my head down and walk so fast I can almost see myself busting into a full speed run.

The terror of being caught in the publix parking lot with my z nearby!!!

I enter the store with a cart. I keep my head down as I race through the aisles. I'm knocking elderly women and small children over indiscriminantly.

People are whispering and gasping and I just KNOW there is someone I know here. I don't waste a second of time. I throw everything to the cart and head towards the checkout aisles.

Of course, the lines are all a mile long.

I pull my cart up to a line and take a knee, pretending to tie my shoe for the next 10 mintues while the customers in front of me get checked out.

Of course the person infront of me left her wallet in her car. I audibly release frustration and start tapping my foot incessantly.

At long last it's my turn.

I pick up the cart and just dump it all onto the little automatic belt all at once. the eggs are probably already smashed, and no doubt the bread is wasted beyond recognition.

he scans each product, staring at me the whole time like I'm some sort of freak.

I throw a wad of money at him, and without waiting for change, run full speed out of the store with all 17 bags draped around my arms, and one or two wrapped around my neck.

I finally reach my car, sweating and panting heavily. I throw everything in the trunk and come out of the parking lot sideways.

So yeah. there is my zx's first trip to the grocery store. Verbatim. :]

You should have worn the disguise I gave you for your birthday, would have worked for sure.

th_867092382_l.jpg

"I'm a stone cold grocery getter, baby!"

*edit* You know, I was thinking, and when it's running, getting groceries is about all my Z is good for...It seems I only ever take it up to publix for small grocery orders, or to blockbuster...I'm not alone though, because I always park next to a guy with a rockin' 510 that is seafoam green who always seems to be up there. Once there was a Delorean in the parking lot. Yeah, Tampa is where its at. Join my club, Brandon, and know what it's like to age...

Whoah, whoah, slow down. Did you say ACTUAL GIRLS check your car out? I find that hard to believe...My car ONLY attracts nerdy guys that think they know something about anything, but it seems all they know how to do well is wast my time and try my patience...not that I WANT to attract MILFS, or even DILFS, seeing as how I'm all married and what not, I'm just saying...that's all I'm saying...

Even with the crappy faded 30yo (ok 28...) paint

STA60034.JPG

girls seem to always complement my car.

And guys like the stance (it's even called a Shelby by some tard on the street)

Oh, and they love the noise it makes :flamedevi

STA60036.JPG

Mario

My busted old 280zx used to get looks and compliments all the time, specially from girls. And bikers too.

VERITECH-Z... Maybe your problem of not attracting babes with your car is what's BEHIND the wheel:wink: I strongly suspect that's MY problem anyway:cry2:

Whoah, whoah, slow down. Did you say ACTUAL GIRLS check your car out? I find that hard to believe...My car ONLY attracts nerdy guys that think they know something about anything, but it seems all they know how to do well is wast my time and try my patience...not that I WANT to attract MILFS, or even DILFS, seeing as how I'm all married and what not, I'm just saying...that's all I'm saying...

I was getting gas one day in the old Z with my daughter in the car (9 yrs old) and this lady kept talking, and talking about my car. My daughter was like "why did she talk to you so long?" I said "She liked my car" We all know the real reason, don't we guys? Oh yea..... she want her some "big phil" he he he lol.