HybridZ

New Rb25 dyno numbers.....595 rwhp

J Taylor

If you are running the stock Series II coils, you probably need to upgrade them. Also, take the coil cover off, the coils do not like to get hot. Any air flow that you can give them is good. I had problems on the dyno with my Series II RB25DET after a few pulls. We ran the shop fans on over the coils to cool them off, and the mis fire went away.

I better hurry and get my TH400 in the S13, I want to be the first stock long block RB25 in the 9s!

Thanks. Only vid I'm going to have real soon is walking off from a twin turbo viper. lol. I beat him pretty good twice in a row from a roll but on the 2nd run I hurt the motor. Broke a ringland on the #5 cyl. I didn't expect it to last but didn't think it would go that quick either. I think it's safe to say the limit of a stock rb25 is around 600hp. lol. I'm probably going to be buying a long block from Venus auto tomorrow to throw in for the time being until I get some good parts in the other motor. I'll post some vids soon.

The car was an absolute monster on the gas btw.....felt like it had a big block under the hood. lol. Somehow the 235-60-15 M/T's hooked up great. Didn't spin on a first gear roll and only a little chrp when it hit 2nd. Cant wait to get a built motor in the car and make some real power. I'm pretty confident the car would go at least 140mph in the 1/4 with the current setup.

JT

Thats a bummer J. At least I got to ride in it, only on pump fuel, but it was quite a ride!!

Maybe I'll return the favor soon, as I just finally got my motor back in the car after the new engine bay paint. I can't wait to feel that RB powerband again, this time in my car....

Just got to hook it all up and I'll be prowling the streets... :D

Good luck on your build!!

j.

I can see it now...first a twin turbo viper...then the world.. muhaha, maybe if you take the korean president for a ride in your car it will scare the ♥♥♥♥ out of him then he'll run and hide, and the world will love the Z car even more! good job J, there is a video of a 350z on streetfire.net that walks all over a brand new viper 500hp, he pulls on him really hard and I love the video, cant wait to see yours! Let us know when its up.

Joel if you get her going by the end of the month you should try and come over to the Pat Peck Z day here in mobile.. Would be really cool to have ya come out with that monster!!..

Sorry, but it won't be ready that quick. I still can't work on my car half as good as before the big C hit me. It will take me awhile, doing a little bit each day till its all together again.

I'm hoping to have it up and running by Thanksgiving.... :burnout:

I put a few new pics up if your intrested. http://album.hybridz.org/showgallery.php?cat=566

Sorry, but it won't be ready that quick. I still can't work on my car half as good as before the big C hit me. It will take me awhile, doing a little bit each day till its all together again.

I'm hoping to have it up and running by Thanksgiving.... :burnout:

I put a few new pics up if your intrested. http://album.hybridz.org/showgallery.php?cat=566

ok cool.. I hope she goes togeather easily for ya Joel.. is there anyone that can come and help thats close by?

i delt with a rb25 once with a misfire at anything over 22psi.. after trying to change the dwell it turned out to be a fix with lowering the gap to 12 and it went away.. this is on a microtech set-up.

Probably had some weak coils. The Series II coils are very finicky. They do not like to get hot either. Swapping out the stock Series II coils with some LS1 syle coils will get rid of your mis-fire.