HybridZ

My new-ish daily driver. '79 corolla (NOT DIALUP FRIENDLY)

rustrocket

Finally got around to washing / vacuuming the beast this weekend.

Make/Model 1979 Toyota Corolla Te31 2 door Coupe

Miles: 138,xxx

Transmission: Auto

Body is pretty straight, with a couple small dings. It was painted a while ago, it looks really good until you go over it with a fine tooth comb. Only one spot of bondo, by the passenger headligh, and it's minimal. All glass and seals are good. Chrome has a good shine/reflection, but shows some wear

Interior is pretty damn good, with the exception of a rip in each seat and needing new interior door handles.

Let me know what you guys think...

IMG_1607.jpg

IMG_1608.jpg

IMG_1610.jpg

IMG_1606.jpg

IMG_1609.jpg

IMG_1605.jpg

IMG_1614.jpg

IMG_1616.jpg

IMG_1617.jpg

IMG_1620.jpg

IMG_1622.jpg

IMG_1624.jpg

IMG_1635.jpg

IMG_1636.jpg

IMG_1621.jpg

IMG_1630.jpg

IMG_1639.jpg

IMG_1641.jpg

IMG_1627.jpg

My Dad had one for many years, except it was silver/5 speed. He drove the sh** out of that thing. I was a very reliable car. Yours sure is squeeky clean. If I were you, I would swap one of those 4 cyl. Toyota truck enignes that the turbo guys are raving about. With a good turbo they are reportedly

getting 400 hp. Would make for a fun ride, "sleeper" for sure. Good luck.

DavyZ-I was thinkin about it doing the same thing. I found a company that could make me a set of single leaf fiberglass springs for the rear, which would be great with some lowering blocks and adjustable tokicos all the way around. It just might be an option.

Jbk240z- I'm pretty sure you're referring to the 2rz and 3rz motor series. People have been making stupid amounts of power on those,but they're not exactly a cheap build. I'm a big fan of the 3tc, which bolts right into my car, and in racing form can produce ~700 horsepower or more. I already have one of these with machine work and a valve job, all i need to get to the 350-400 hp mark is a turbo, new rods/pistons, intercooler, and fuel injection (megasquirt?). If i can put together that whole assembly for sub $2k, i might do it.

Aux - did he buy it as a parts car or is it running? Is he looking to sell it?

I originally bought this car to keep for a bit and sell it for profit, but the bastard is growing on me.

Aux - did he buy it as a parts car or is it running? Is he looking to sell it?

I originally bought this car to keep for a bit and sell it for profit, but the bastard is growing on me.

was going to put a smallb lock ford in it, but i think it's going to be sold. it's running and very drivable. 'll find out

that thing is absolutly beautifull. i hang out with more toyota heads than nissan/datun people so i can appreciate the cleanness of that car.

heres my daily. 81 TE72. had to use cusco camber plates to get the wheels to stop rubbing but otherwise pretty stock. (ugly rear buper is gone now)

663468_123_full.jpg

skillet - That's a nice te72! Had an 81 and an 80 that i sold to my friend. The engnine in the 80 caught on fire, so my friend swapped the engine from the 81 into it, and now has an sr20det in the '81 on wantanabe wheels.

Speaking of which, here it is. In one of the pics, you can see the white '80 in front.

Picture_057.jpg

Picture_056.jpg

Picture_055.jpg

OMG that rolla is sick. i have a spare SR here that was going in my 260, but now im thinking maybe i should just boost it stock and swap the toyota. id like to talk to you or your friend more about that swap. is he running that SR non intercooled? no BOV?

heres my other SR20

663468_129_full.jpg

663468_127_full.jpg

RWD Ole Skool Toyotas kick asss...

I love you car! I see a turbo 4AG in its future!

Here is my last Corolla project...2210lbs, full custom carbon fiber from the doors forward and the trunk lid....and laid down a VERY conservative 280hp. 20Valves, 2 cams, Individual Throttle Bodies, T3T4, massive front mount you name it. I NEVER lost a race in it...no matter how big of a gun pulled up.

89873299.jpg

86833333.jpg

89877280.jpg

Yasin

Skillet : I believe it has a BOV, but it's running a hotpipe, just because it was easier.

Him and my other buddy finished the swap in less than a week, with a few sleepless nights in there.

What info do you want specifically? PM me, and i'll ask him for you.

-Cam

rustrocket: let me know if you're interested, my friend's willing to sell the car (running, but will not pass smog. drives well, we were tooling around in it today) for 500 bucks. It has new starter along with some other parts. PM me if interested, and i'll forward you his contact info