HybridZ

250 GTO Owners Thread

Duke

Stagger Lee - Just make sure you are not confusing the Coupe and the Spyder bodies. Some components are specific to each body type. You may be across this so I just offer it as a suggestion.

In my enthusiasm for this project I am finding it difficult to put an old head on my old shoulders. I have grabbed several 'bargins' only to later reflect on my purchase and pay out a second time for the quality item.

Oz has a valid point (even if he does live upside down). I've made a few impulse purchases and obtained a few "bargains" in attempt to save some $$$. Only to have all of them sitting in a box. And at the end of it all the time spent/waisted on trying to figure it out and extra work involved didn't justify the savings.

Hey, all. I'm trying to find an affordable trunk kit for my Alpha One kit. Anyone know of a supplier or link to some detailed plans? The only thing I've found is the outfit in England, OM sportscars, and it's over $2,000 bucks.

Thanks

my honest opinion - if I were to do it again, I'd just fabricate it out of metal. This is NOT a shot at the OM/scorpion trunk, I just feel that if you have the metal working skills it's worth the effort. Welded in steel will allow you to put everything exactly where you want it, There will never be any fear of body flex cracking it, and panel alignment won't require building up areas with filler or glass. Heat also will never cause the lid to flex out of alignment like can occur with the glass pieces.

Oh, and another positive is i's much easier to attach window trim clips solidly to a metal body piece. :)

Even if you don't have the metal working skill, I'd suggest checking a street rod shop near you - Ask them what they would want to do it - show them pics of the body with no hatch in the way and pics of GTO's with trunks. They would just be making a crosspiece and a trunk lid. Most competent shops wouldn't blink at this simple fabrication

Chelle

Jesus H Christ! $80K?! - California dreaming for sure! (wasn't a GTZ turnkey $25K/$30K?)

And is it me or does the rear stripe look like it's on the piss?

and hasn't he mounted the side indicators way too high on the wing........

and doesn't the vent behind the rear wheels look odd......

Yeah, I'm listing mine as well. So when do we get to see the latest pictures of your awesome ride Chelle???? Is it done?

lol, done? never "done" right now I'm adding some finishing touches to the interior. I had never gotten around to finishing off the console, kick panels, etc.. plus with use of the car we decided on some minor rearranging of switches. Oh, and adding a dash mounted brake bias adjuster.

We're trying to get everything ready for a trip to Carlisle :)

I did finally finish the grill, still have to finish headlight cover trim rings.

I thought you were in Michigan, you move to Tennessee?

Thanx for the compliments tho!

Will try and post some pics this evening.

But here's where we're at so far:

GTO_07_0019a.jpg

GTO_07_0023a.jpg

GTO_07_0025a.jpg

GTO_07_0027a.jpg

GTO_07_0028a.jpg

GTO_07_0032a.jpg

GTO_07_0069a.jpg

GTO_07_0070a.jpg

GTO_07_0076a.jpg

GTO_07_0077a.jpg

Nice job Chelle. The car looks awesome. Did I understand you correctly...You're driving the car now?!?!?!? I'm so jealous. Seems like I'm miles away from that day. So many little details to finish up before it's ready.

Nice job Chelle. The car looks awesome. Did I understand you correctly...You're driving the car now?!?!?!? I'm so jealous. Seems like I'm miles away from that day. So many little details to finish up before it's ready.

:) thanx!

We've been driving it for 9 months or so - tho as soon as salt trucks came out it was off the road for winter.

We didn't let little things like an unfinished dash/console stop us from driving it. Heck, driving it helped us decide how some things needed to be finished or redone. There's still lots of details to keep me busy. I should have gotten a lot done this weekend but I had to deal with some stuff at the office :( still, we are trying to get it all done for Carlisle

If you ever get down by Chicago you are welcome to come see it, maybe it would help you figure out how you want to do some parts on yours.

I meant to note - the radio hole in the console won't be visible - it gets a little pocket snapped in place to hide the radio when it's not being used or the car is parked. Also, the tape on the bottom of the instrument pod was just there holding my template in place.

Chelle

Guest espeery27

I have been working on my GTO for a few years. I hand built my fiberglass body from some old molds my father had laying around. As you can see from the picture, the rear section was made in two seperate sections then bonded together. The LS1 mounts I hand made as well. The car has a LS1 T56 combo. I plan on designing a custsom dash to emulate the 64 GTO. This body will has a cut-out hood similar to the orginal. I am also thermo forming the plastic headlight covers and hood vent scoops. When it is all done it shall be sweet! I am getting closer each day and getting more and more excited.

Thanks for all the posts and help!

ferrari in progress 004_thumb.jpg

ferrari in progress 007_thumb.jpg

ferrari in progress 009_thumb.jpg

ferrari in progress 010_thumb.jpg

sept1 003_thumb.jpg

Wow, your car looks absolutely amazing Chelle. It looks so much different, and so much more like the original, with the longer nose, reworked hood and trunk. Love the extras on the BMW engine as well – Ferrari emblems on the intakes and Fram oil filters upside-down in front.

The interior looks great as well but I have to ask – are you going to use those gauges or switch to more GTO like ones?

Good catch, I used to live just North of Detroit but when I retired last year we built a new house on a lake down here in East Tennessee. Awesome weather, gorgeous scenery and some of the friendliest people you will find anywhere! Oh yeah, and no state income tax.

Chelle!

Yozza looks great. Engine bay is really looking sharp, as is the rest of the car. Thanks for the preview.

By the way Speed, I've heard really good things from number of people retiring to Tenesssee. beautiful state.

'chelle': I'm interested in your RHD dash. Is that a modified Simpson dash and instrument panel or something you had specially made?

While on the Simpson dash; does anyone know if the Simpson dash can be made up to RHD or is it a fixed one-piece LHD?

'espeery': I've sent you a private message - see top right corner where you log in.