HybridZ

250 GTO Owners Thread

Duke

Chelle, Speed, and anyone else with a source.

What type of trim rings did you use for your headlights? I know VW Bug or Karman Gia will work but I wanted to know what you guys used.

What type of license plate light?

Chelle- are you going to install headlight covers? If so, are you going to fab or have fabbed some trim rings for them?

Smash, you are so right - it never hurts to ask – because you never know.

Zerrari GTO - I used headlamp assemblies w/trim rings from a Cobra kit car supplier. I liked the trim rings because they were quite a bit thinner than the VW type. I wanted the finished look but didn't want the trim rings to really stand out.

I think I got my license plate lights from Ron Francis Wiring but I am not sure and will have to check.

I am just starting a 240Z based build but having trouble sourcing some parts. Anyone know where I can get door/boot latches. Also headlight perspex covers and surrounds. Thanks in advance:-|

Hey jm6. Welcome to the GTO thread!! And congrats on your new project. You've hit on the 2 most difficult parts to source (latches and surrounds), sorry to say. Good news is if you find a supplier you'll be the most popular guy on here. If those are the only parts you're having trouble locating you've done quite well for yourself. Keep us posted with regular updates. Kind Regards.

I'll second that. From what I can tell, Con, Zerrari, chelle, Moggy (UK) and myself are all presently chasing the headlight cover trims. 'Here comes trouble' resorted to making his own and I must say they look okay from the photos. I have been in contact with Oliver from OM Sportscars in the UK but after some initial hope I have not had a further response. Likewise with John Washington at Reaction Research. The chap here in Oz who made them has died - more than a little inconsiderate of him if you ask me!

As far as I know the covers are available. As for the door locks, I got them through the Honda Civic site mentioned in an earlier thread. http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=96738 You might try contacting Civic Car Club/s in the UK.

Add me to the list BFO. I have the perspex covers but no trim rings. I plan on going troubles route but we'll see...His seemed to turn out pretty damn well.

Trouble any chance you could put up some more pics of your trim rings?

Welcome JM6.

Cheers

Sorry for the slow reply..

Zerrari GTO - we made covers and trim rings, just haven't installed them yet.. we're not done fine tuning the fit. We didn't want to attach them till they fit right - would cheapen the whole thing.. below are a couple pics of the lens almost fitting right (we made them in the oven! Kim made plaster forms and we just gravity formed them) and the roughed out, not completely filed aluminum trim.

Trim around the headlights I don't know .... thinking they were cobra.. tag lights were probably the ones Alpha sold..

jm6 - welcome - car-part.com or ebay for door buttons... sorry..

our trim for the covers has a lot of work left to get looking right, but it will..

Chelle

GTO-covers036.jpg

GTO-covers037.jpg

Hi,

Here's where I got my Cobra lights, I will use them again for GTO. They look good and check out the prices.....

http://www.finishlineaccessories.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=3&osCsid=a3619d4e35dedac591fb5947d83b895c

I had L692 in the rear and L539 for the front. They have the gas filler at a good price also. Though I found a suppler for the Honda latch, but after three weeks they came back and said they can't get them any more...Damn

Staledale

Thanks for the feedback on light trims and door latches. I have got an MG boot latch and will advise more when I have made it work. CVCC (or civic MK1 in the UK) latches are v hard to find in the UK.

Hi,

Here's where I got my Cobra lights, I will use them again for GTO. They look good and check out the prices.....

http://www.finishlineaccessories.com/catalog/default.php?cPath=3&osCsid=a3619d4e35dedac591fb5947d83b895c

I had L692 in the rear and L539 for the front. They have the gas filler at a good price also. Though I found a suppler for the Honda latch, but after three weeks they came back and said they can't get them any more...Damn

Staledale

Thanks Staledale,

I've been to their website several times and have decided on those trim rings and taillights. Do you have any pics of your installed taillights you can post?

Chelle,

Thanks for the follow-up. What gauge aluminium are you using for the headlight cover trim? You too Larry, what gauge aluminium did you use?

Thanks!

Here's some pictures of the lights.

http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=15566&cat=500&ppuser=8070

http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=15565&cat=500&ppuser=8070

The lens on the front have little wings on them and the whole lens screw in place for bulb replacement. On the back two screws hold each lens in place. These are plastic lens, years ago Speedracer had a site with glass lens that were 2 or 3 hundred dollars per lens....

Staledale

Hey Zerrari...

I was able to source out an original set of 250 GTO brake lights from a fellow in Neatherlands. They were new in the original box. With the remaining parts I put together a set of signal lights. Found him through 'Google'.

Achterlichtaltissimo_thumb.jpg

06 005_thumb.jpg

06 002_thumb.jpg

Well now those are what's on that red GTO - which just happens to be in Holland! obviously there's a supply of those lights kicking around there.

L691 lights on a Scorpion GTZ (most UK cobras use these as front indicators) :

rear.jpg