HybridZ

280 frontend help

MastersMechanic

The hairdryer looks alittle small for the car. Typically we like to see one that is so big it can't fit under the hood, hence the "form follows function" comment. Just cut a hole in the hood so it sticks out nicely where it can suck small children in.

It's looking pretty good overall. The front pan is different from most I've ever seen, but it looks to help get air under the car, not keep it from getting under the car from what the pictures show. Was there a reason you made yours (assuming you made it I guess) and not buy one from like MSA?

I started with it open with split bumpers but couldn't build a grill that looked good. This is where I ended up. I really like the frontend pic on the hybridz entry page. I wanted mine to look like that. I ended up with some fiberglass and steel to come up with this. I thought that maybe if I add lights it would break it up a little. anyway I would like to break it up, but how thats why I started this thread. Thanks for the comments

The entrance picture is a cell from the Wangan Midnight manga by the looks of it. It's basically just a standard air dam with a lip on it, but since it was made up for the manga, you'd have to make due with what you could adapt. I think Owen had something to do with that image, since his name is watermarked into it if you look really close. Maybe you could ask him about it?

• 5 weeks later...

Ya that is what my first impresion was too, but I don't drive as fast any more. I'm more into corner carving and 0-60. specially with a turbo 350 tranny 100 mph is 5500 rpm redline for my little turbo 305. The front isn't as rounded as it looks in the picture. I look at it in the picture and I don't like it as much but when I see it in person it looks pretty good(to me).

I'm planning on using halo style head lights in both spots. thinking about installing led turn signals into the headlights. I also just got hyundia excell side marker lights, what an improvement over the stock style markers. Went over to the painters today and he said only to more weeks till he is ready for the z yaaa!(after waiting for nine months on the waiting list).

bartman that four letter word that starts with S and ends with W and I don't want NO more of it.