HybridZ

V8 Z needed for pinks ?

Just finished watching the hybrid z episode on pinks,i have to tell you it was tough to watch.I hate when one car needs 8 lengths to compete,especially when its our guys.It was a good effort for the car you put in,but a true hybrid z should have a small block with nitrous atleast for negotiating purposes.Garrett and the guys represented us well,good job.Since i sat down at the computer my phone has rang twice,i've been getting the gears about losing to a Monte Carlo and why we would send a 13 second car to pinks.I just think it would have been a lot more competative with even a 350 hp small block on the bottle.Just my frustration what's your take on the show?

13 sec? TV makes stuff look slow. The pinks car could only manage 370whp on the dyno and still trapped 124mph. On the show we had a misfire but the car was still trapping in the 114-117 range. I watched it as well. I know we lost and some bad things went down afterwards but all I have is good memories . . .

13 sec? TV makes stuff look slow. The pinks car could only manage 370whp on the dyno and still trapped 124mph. On the show we had a misfire but the car was still trapping in the 114-117 range. I watched it as well. I know we lost and some bad things went down afterwards but all I have is good memories . . .

I keep watching the reruns hoping you'll win, LOL.

It was so obvious that the Monte Carlo sandbagged the 4th race to get a favorable negotiation on the last run. Rick and Nate totally ripped you guys off. Too bad you had issues with the car so it couldn't perform like it should have.

the untilmate pinks car would be on nitrous or a turbo. just run it and each time you do turn the boost up or put bigger jets in. so you negoiate, add more, and win. screw them cry babies. they all sand bag anyway and the guys that actually do run there car all its got gets screwed in the end.

I have this race saved somewhere on comp but i saw it last night again for the 10th time thinking maybee this time they will get 8 car lenght vs nos and then see what happends. But any how thats old news for me.

What about putting a sr20det and topping it out with 500hp in a Z? Since all you guys think about is big blocks V8 maybe there is a chance with 4cyl.

Just my tought, i wana see something fast on Pinks like that 240sx powered by Chevy! or 2jz powered Z do a 9 sec pass on pinks something in that nature.

I think the way pinks works is that you tell them how fast your car is, like 11 seconds, 10, etc and you get paired up with a similar car. If you say you have an 11 second car and show up with a 9 second car you'll automatically loose if you run it flat out and smoke them by 30 car lengths. Sandbagging is one thing, but if you bring a 9 second car, you will be pared up with another 9 second car.

Another thing is that it's gambling, you can loose, but the thought of winning is what keeps people lined up to race on TV.

Until recently there were two "Pinks" links on the main page. One was noted ask no posts allowed.. old thread (or something like that). The other was active but we were required to ask permission to join. I just wondered where they went.

the untilmate pinks car would be on nitrous or a turbo. just run it and each time you do turn the boost up or put bigger jets in. so you negoiate, add more, and win. screw them cry babies. they all sand bag anyway and the guys that actually do run there car all its got gets screwed in the end.

How is your suggestion not sandbagging :)

I have a silly question.......if we had a shell could a V8 Z be built on a $5000 budget and run 11's? Some of you guys have done a ton of conversions and knows what it really takes to make a car go in a str8 line for cheap. I know the pinks idea is old but I would love to see another built again. Honestly I would like to see another turbo Z built l28t or rb swap. Imports have not looked good on the show. Either way.....I too do watch the show over n over hoping we win! LoL