HybridZ

How many Track 350Z guys have blown thier clutch out?

240ZR

How about in under 800 miles or normal driving??

Well I did tonight... was on a hill tried to go after a light it wouldn't engage, peddle sunk to the floor, and felt dead like no cable was attached, and wouldn't shift to save my life....

rolled ti back down parked it checked the engine, let it cool down, go back in and magically the clutch worked again, so i started driving after I shifted into 3rd the clutch utterly grenade, wouldn't engage at all peddle gave same dead feeling... i couldn't even find a sweet spot to get it to roll the car.... so I am assuming i have no teeth on my brandnew 350z's clutch.... all in all a GOOD night~!/....:twisted:

Ive never heard stripping teeth from the clutch disc. I think that you would break a pressure plate, clutch disc spring, or the disc friction material before you srtip the teeth from the disc.

Before you go to that conclusion, check if theres fluid in the clutch m/c, and then physically check to see if your clutch bearing fork is moving when you have someone press you clutch pedal down.

Per the SCCA T2 racers the 2006 tranny is improved over the previous trannies on the 350Z. I've run my 2006 350Z at two autocross championships, three autocross practice days, and one track day at Streets. Clutch and the rest of the car is just fine with 2,500 miles on the odometer.

Haven't had an issue with mine now w/ 27000 miles on the clock. I have heard of guys having the clutch pedal "stick" to the floor, but a fresh bleed of the m/c has taken care of it. That is the beauty of a new car... just give it back to the dealer and let them "make it so".

I am a "beta tester" for Nissan. Still have my tranny in my 03 350Z. I havent had any problems out of it. I do get the ocassional 3rd gear grind.
hey my trany grinds in 3rd too. i'm also on my 2nd clutch it went out on the hwy. at 60mph 4th gear. it started slipping for about 1/2 mile and then nothing . it was like

it was in neutral. oh well ,thanx grubbs nissan!!:burnout:

Yeah the 03's have a lot of tranny problems. Nissan suppo sedly fixed them for the 04+ but we have seen a couple 04's with griding in 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th gears. We also had one guy who burned up his clutch in 2700 miles!

Sounds like you need to bleed your clutch but you might have burned it up?

Guy(nissan tech)

Man I hate dealerships like that! It makes the good dealerships look like crap too! They really don't have a choice if they want to fix it or not, its under the 12month 12,000 mile warrenty(same as brakes). Don't worry they'll fix it. They don't have to make any calls to Nissan for this because its only like a $1000 if they replace the flywheel, pressure plate, and disc. You don't need to call Nissan for mechanical stuff unless it goes over $3000! Call them up and tell them to get going on it or there's going to be issues!

Guy