HybridZ

Watanabe/Panasport Knockoffs deep dish!!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe they are cast wheels.

Mamba, great idea but each wheel is made to order so they won't have any finished wheels on hand. BUT go by there and get some high resolution (sp) pictures. The ones on their web site are a bit grainy. I'd like to see closes ups of the center section, is it finished or painted or clearcoated etc. Gather up any and all info you can get your hands on. Scott has an old 260 so he speaks Z car too.

Yes, the unpolished ones. I was wondering if the lip stayed chrome.

Im going to call them tomorrow and find out the ordering info particulars but high res would be nice. Mike, I wonder if they will, or have published their weights?

cool joe d.,

For stock fenders and spring perches:

I DO know positively 16x7 zero offset fits with a small bit of fender shaving (.25"), and there was at least .5" perch clearance with full suspension travel. There's really no more room on the fender side without flaring, and that's probably the biggest market, i.e., stock fendered.

I am fairly sure then 16x7.5, +6 offset would fit. I do not know for sure.

16x8 max is the question. For adjustable coil overs, I believe 8.5 front and 9 wide in back is the max.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Keep us posted. I'm sure there would be lots of interest.

Sorry fo thread jacking. Someone with CNC skills could really do something with these blanks. $150 a piece for FORGED blank, + machining cost...., I think a group buy would be a sell out.

Arrange it and discuss it on a new thread. Keep this one focused on Team3 wheels.

Personally I think Centerline has gone off the map on their pricing for billet wheels, what cost $175 at the begining of this year now costs almost double.

Like I said I "think" these are cast wheels, I'll call Scott tomorrow and get more info on production and weight, of course weight will vary by size.

I do know the lip is polished, how it is finished beyond that I do not know. They do offer full polishing at an upcharge which will have a price decrease next year as they have found a better ie more reasonable price for polishing.

Don't bad mouth these wheels before the facts are present, I found Team3 through many hours of seaching for a wheel that is affordable and offers the offset and bolt pattern that will fit our cars with out going 5 lug. Mission accomplished. I'll be ordering a set as soon as I find out a little more info on finish, weight doesn't worry me too much because I'll soon be running close to 500hp (crank) which is plenty to scare the crap-o-la out of me.

Will update tomorrow.

I might just have to order some of these.... some ZG flares.... YES!

I don't want to be the guinea pig though - - I'll need to know what offsets to get to clear my brakes and fit under the flares - damn these will look good and the price is a bit much, but tolerable. I love it when someone finds a solution.

I didn't see any mention of 4 lug on the Team III wheels:

http://www.team3wheels.com/ac/LT-price.html

Compomotive makes a 4 lug version of that wheel:

HB4720.jpg

http://usacomp.com/hb4lug.htm

They also make some other styles that are gorgeous. Quite expensive, but the quality is excellent.

I also found these AR wheels. Although they are only 15", they can be ordered in many different widths and offsets, and are available in 4 lug.

b401.jpg

http://www.americanracing.com/wheels/details.asp?wheelid=196&name=Silverstone%20Custom%20Offset&style=401&desc=2-piece%20painted%20center,%20polished%20rim&section=V

AR also makes this one, which is available in 17x7" in 4 lug:

bA69.jpg

http://www.americanracing.com/wheels/details.asp?wheelid=170&name=Ansen%AE%20Sprint&style=A69&desc=1-piece%20machined%20alloy,%20polished&section=V

I didn't see any mention of 4 lug on the Team III wheels:

Again each wheel is custom so bolt pattern and offset can be specified.

Compomotive makes awsome wheels. I received a quote from them for a set of their "mesh" wheel, granted 3 piece custom offset 4 lug but still rang in at $500/wheel. To me that's expensive (you pay for quality, I know) But the Team3's at $335/wheel that is affordable compared to 500 for Comps and 600 for Wats.

Man. Seems like it is getting hard to hang on to this Team III thread.

Shure are alot of opinions/wheel salesmen/bashers out there.

OK Im done with my rant. Im highly interested and ready to buy. And I dont even need wheels untill March. I was gooing to call them this morning but seeing that you, dsommer, are on it, I will sit back.

Weight is not a huge concern at the moment as I will not be tracking my ride. They look good, and the price is right. Would love to see what the unpolished set looks like. If it indeed has a chrome lip with unpolished spokes....I will be placing a bead on it.

"billet does not a man make".

I might just have to order some of these.... some ZG flares.... YES!

I don't want to be the guinea pig though - - I'll need to know what offsets to get to clear my brakes and fit under the flares - damn these will look good and the price is a bit much, but tolerable. I love it when someone finds a solution.

Yep tolerable. The bonus is custom fitment. Get it like you want it.

Could be a great deal. I really dont need wheels right now (will this spring) but I would love to know how they do business. If something does not break soon....I will have to be the pig. Gotta know.