HybridZ

Watanabe/Panasport Knockoffs deep dish!!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the fronts have a 3" BS, and the rears a 4"back space....I do have two Z's, if they clear the brakes on my white Z, then they might end up on there...these are mostly going for show duty, but if the itch urges me, then they might go on drifting duty. I got them for $1200 shipped from a kid in Hawaii, one brand new, 3 other had tires put on, and he went another route and removed the tires and sold them. He said he got them for around $1500. And hes a dealer for AR..

My buddy is hording a wide body kit, and I have two new fiberglass front finders to play with, when I get time, I'll get wider flares on, or just leave it the same so when I do switch back to the race/drift tires, it won't look too dorky.

Wow did this thread auger in or what?

Has dsommer contacted the folks yet? Have they responded?

Personally I like the Team III Wheels concept. No adapters and the shot at a perfect fit. 17 inch wheels, four lug if you wish.

Is there something Im missing here? I know its not the first of april.:mrgreen:

Sorry for the slow follow up, they are more than willing to answer questions if you give them a call.

Wheels are sand cast centers so they are weighty about 20lbs/wheel. Lip is polished.

I've requested pics from them of the production process and will hopefully

have something to post here soon.

they may be the cruising/show wheels...I got too many other wheels that I can beat up for drifting/autocross. As of now I still haven't decided on what tires to run or get. I never thought I would have so many options. But I"m thinking 225/50/15 Yoko ES100 for the front, and some 255-275ish/50/15 BFG's Traction T/A's for the rear.

I also have a track car, so I might throw some road race slicks on them as well, once they start to fade or get beat up a little. I love and hate having two Z's....parts can swap over to other cars, and I can never find a happy medium. :(

Like I said give them a call. Jin is easy to talk to and she is a stickler for customer satisfaction. She was telling me about a set of wheels a customer was not happy with and they are going above and beyond to make this guy happy with his purchase.

I'd love to order a set ASAP but alas I think I've finally figured out what I want to do with my 240z now. Current set up is a carbed 350 roller, WC T-5. I want to go EFI, 383 full roller, T-56.

Small stuff (size wise) is easy to get into the house but an engine block and tranny. Hmmmmm.

I would love the look of these wheels. Exactly what I've been looking for. First, they don't have that look of a modern wheel put on an old car. Second, plus size is no problem. Back space is no problem. 4 x 4 1/2" bolt pattern is no problem. $320.00 a wheel is alittle more than some other wheel choices. But, hey their custom fit. 16"x9 1/2" would be great for the rear. But, 16x9 1/2" for the front might be an issue. Not sure I would like 16x8 in front either. So, I would run 245/45/16 tires all the way around

• 2 weeks later...

I walked into the local speed shop today and saw what appeared to be Watanbe/Panasport wheels. Found out they were "Vintage Wheels" (but not the vintagewheelsus web site) 2 piece (center is welded to the outer shell). They are available in any offset as previously describe in this string, any pattern, and up to 11" wide. The 11" X 17" wheel I looked at was $375 (the most expensive size), and I weighed it on their scale and it came out to 24.8 lbs. Very nice wheel. They also have the old '66 Shelby Mustang and Cobra replicas as well.