HybridZ

Watanabe/Panasport Knockoffs deep dish!!!

Thanks to those of you who own Wat’s (I’ve got a set of Pana’s but low and behold they are only 16X7’s). You guys have pushed me to my limit of searching for a similar wheel at a price that is affordable.

I called Pannasport about C8's(?) the nice gentleman came back with a price of $597/wheel darn!

The company in the UK with the similar wheel, based on the exchange rate today is about $515 plus shipping.…. Here is what I found; I think everybody will be amazed.

A few weeks ago somebody posted a pic of a yellow Z with a G-nose and Halibrand knock offs. This got me thinking that the Halibrand knock offs would be a way to get mucho rim for mini dollars. Having owned a Cobra (Factory Five Racing) in the past I knew were to start my search. Although my Cobra was fitted with 3 piece Compomotive wheels $$$ I know there are many similar brands and available that vary in price.

not my old cobra pic courtesy of team 3 wheels

reg2blue17.jpg

I absolutely love the 8 spoke design but know darn well I cannot spend the $2400-$2600 to join the elite club. I mean I could swing it but with 11 month old twins and not much time to work on cars, that’s big bucks.

So as I poke along looking for the “acorn” I finally ran across a site that offered the wheels at an affordable price. But they are 5 lug.

795ac1p2.jpg

I could adapt but as I scrolled further down the page I found these!

69camero1.jpg

LT-3-17X8.jpg

I reviewed the site, they offered pricing, sizes, pictures and a phone number. I gave them a call just to make sure my eyes were not deceiving me. I spoke with a woman named Jin, very knowledgeable about the products. I told her what I was putting them (Datsun Z car) and she said hold on let me get Scott! Scott picked up the phone and it turns out he originally designed these wheels for the Datsun Z cars 10 YEARS AGO!!!! He has a 260 sitting somewhere in need of restoration but no time.

Sizes up to 17X11 with 3.5 to 8.5 backspacing!!! WOW!!!

Please visit their site and take a look at what they offer. Many sizes, offsets etc!!!

http://www.team3wheels.com/ac/

I told Scott his business for this wheel should start picking up a bit.

THE PRICING IS CURRENT!!!

YES THE LUG HOLES CAN BE MADE 4x114.3

Let me know what you guys think!!!

I feel like a hero today!!!

David

ALL PICTURES ARE COURTESY OF TEAM 3 WHEELS, THANK YOU TEAM 3!!!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rear wheel on that camaro is 11 inches wide but looks to have no lip? Is that because of the backspacing? Would that same wheel with 4.5 inch backspace (0 offset) have alot more lip? Im thinking it would.

The whole wheel is under the fender though. Each whell is custom made.

The Watanabes that 240Hoke and Villindi MS are running are 16x9 -13 offset fronts and 16x9.5 -19 offset rears. Hence the "lip" on their wheels. Negative offset is where you get the "lip". Of course to run this offset coil overs are needed and flairs are a nice touch too.

Scott at Team3 said that currently the 16" wheel in not available, but 17’s are. So just apply the same offset to a 17†wheel. I’m unsure of what tire size would give the stretched look to the tire and wheel combo though. I believe you would need a 50 series to accomplish this.

I'm sure they will be, Team3 has been in business for several years now. I think of waiting too, but the last time I waited the Pannasport C8's jumped from $3XX/wheel to colse to $600. Even the billet Centerlines have gone up considerably. So why wait. I'm going to order before years end and sit on them, shoot maybe even order a second set for future use!

You can get the Panasport FS-16 in a 16x8, 4-4.5 bolt circle +20mm offset in a silver finish for $305.00 each. I ordered mine from Discount Tire in Renton, WA. Ask for Jas Burns, very friendly and helpful.

The 16 x 8 Panasports FS is not on their homepage (the C8 is) The FS need to be special ordered but in my case the rims where in stock at Panasport in California so there was 3-5 business days shipment time. Got them early September this year.

You are a hero, "dsommer"!!!

I am only a half hour away from "Team III Wheel" and I'll

schedule some time off to see them in person. I will bring

my 280zx and 240Z and see if I can mock up the rims

and then post some pics for all you guys. This is so you'll

get an idea of how they would look on both these type cars.

I'll try and get all views (front, side, side profile, etc). This

should give y'all the imaginations you'll need to think of.

I'll see how kind they are and go from one extreme (17 X7) to

the another (17 x 9 or even 17 x 11). Hopefully, they'll have

tires already mounted!

Wish me luck!

I believe they are cast wheels.

Mamba, great idea but each wheel is made to order so they won't have any finished wheels on hand. BUT go by there and get some high resolution (sp) pictures. The ones on their web site are a bit grainy. I'd like to see closes ups of the center section, is it finished or painted or clearcoated etc. Gather up any and all info you can get your hands on. Scott has an old 260 so he speaks Z car too.