HybridZ

where are the CALL OF DUTY 2 guys

roninjiro

• Administrators

I just got bit by the Call of Duty bug a couple months ago. I’m playing single player on my PC which is almost four years old so I’m playing the first version of Call of Duty, not COD-II. COD-II is bit of stretch for my poor Dell. I’ve finished COD on each skill level at least once. My favorite scenarios are the sniper missions, fighting with the Russians through the ruin cities, and fighting with the English in the snowy woods.

I haven’t played on line yet, not sure if my satellite connection is up to the task of online gaming as it suffers from what can best be described as massive Turbo lag. It takes a few seconds to make the connection with every click of the mouse, even on the same web page, but once that connection is made, boost comes on and it downloads at and acceptable rate, until I click another web page button then it’s…. lag..lag..lag.. booOOSST!!! :-) Also, Satellite down load speeds are reasonable but the upload speeds are only marginally faster than 28.8 dial up. In short, I’m not sure how the Satellite connection will handle online gaming…

And I could go on all day about how 1.6 is a better game and source is just pretty. But there's no need. All the source games are great if you're just a casual gamer and are competitive, but for someone that's playing competitively then you start to hate a lot of valve's choices in the game (plus steams ever suckage). But I digress, there's no need to argue, just look at the fact that all the leagues have switched back to 1.6 and all the big sponsors with them.

I'll lan source and not complain at all. Just only for fun. If I want a newer game to play seriously it'll be BF2142 (though alot of the feel of the game isn't as good as source).

i played dod, but i personally didnt like it. i have bf2142 also but dont play it as much. on both games my name is my member name here "RoninJiro". in cod2 im mainly in 'allcustommaps'(green colored), (wp)rifles, and others at times. as far as bf2142 it's just occasional that i play that.