HybridZ

dyno #'s thread

CantZme

can we get some L6 dyno sheets and #'s posted? it would be nice to see what kind of power everyone is putting down with what mods...i know i can search and find what i'm looking for but i think we should have a single thread for L6 dyno #'s (turbo and NA)...unfortunately i have not dynoed mt l28et yet so i have nothing to start this thread with :-( let's see what your datsuns are made of!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently put down 300ftlbs at 2600rpm, and 230 hp on a mustang dyno. That was with a stock engine and turbo, but with 72lb injectors with SDS, Intercooler, Apex'i boost controller, and an HKS BOV.

This was with a 3" exhaust with a cat.

I forgot to get a printout of the runs, but I'll email the shop and see if I cant get one.

• Administrators

Two for the books...

Clint Barnts, NA 2.8, Mustang Dyno, stock intake manifold, stock cam, massaged stock EFI, square port Braap head, Electromotive DIS, 8.1 Comp, 6-2 header, 2.25" exhaust... 160HP/161 ft/lbs (at the wheels). AFR's a bit rich particularly at torque peak. I believe another 5lbs/5hp is attainable with a smidge more tuning.

Mike Hintz, NA 2.8, Dynojet, stock intake manifold, stock cam, massaged stock EFI, round port Braap head, re-curved stock igintion, 9+ Comp, 6-1 header, 2.5" exhuast, 146HP/152 ft/lbs. AFR's fairly close.

Both indicate the possibility of breaking 200 crank HP with the stock intake manifold and street-able exhaust.

Additionally, both of these cars are in the middle of... uh, reform... more numbers in the future.

can we get some L6 dyno sheets and #'s posted? it would be nice to see what kind of power everyone is putting down with what mods...i know i can search and find what i'm looking for but i think we should have a single thread for L6 dyno #'s (turbo and NA)...unfortunately i have not dynoed mt l28et yet so i have nothing to start this thread with :-( let's see what your datsuns are made of!

I tried...

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=113093

I think a dyno section would definetely need a moderator to verify dyno numbers using dyno sheets and updating as new #'s are come. Correcting hp according to different dynos and all of mumbo jumbo would just make it too difficult to maintain and formal IMHO. Something a little less formal and less serious is what we need, just so future L6 owners can see what to expect roughly when modding. The guys on honda-tech did the same and it has turned into a massive archive of dyno numbers which has served as a tool to many with their builds, seeing what works and what doesn't.

NA L28

- F54 flat top block, STD bore

- N47 head, port matching only

- Stock cam

- Megasquirt fuel only

- 6:1 header

- 60mm TB

- Stock ZX ignition system

- Turbo injectors

- 155WHP/166WT

ZCCNE280.sized.jpg

Supercharged L28

- F54 flat top block, STD bore

- P79 head, Comp cams 460 lift, 280 duration cam. Port matching only

- 2mm NISMO head gasket

- 6:1 header

- Megasquirt with Ford EDIS ignition

- Ford Thunderbird injectors (380cc/min)

- Modified JCR supercharger kit for port injection

- 7psi boost

- 255WHP/225WT

ZCCNE_280Z_SC.sized.jpg

Ok, here is the dyno information on my 1977 280ZT

It is running a stock 82 turbo lower end

A stock N42 head with the turbo cam, 8.2 to 1 compression ratio

T3/T04 turbo running 15psi of boost from Speed Shop Thagard

Aftermarket Supra Intercooler with 2 ¼ “ plumbing

3” mandrel bent exhaust system

Pallnet fuel rail with 460cc injectors and Aeromotive RRFPR

MSD fuel pump and 3/8 lines

240SX 60mm TB

MS&S-extra with MSD Blaster 2 coil and MSD wires

82 turbo 5 speed and 3.90 rear gears

RX7 oil cooler

I pulled a best of 298.5 rwhp at 5200 rpms and 320 ft# of torque.

This was done on a Dynamics Dynamometer.

HB280ZT

NA 3133cc (89.5 x 83mm)

Sunbelt ported, minor chamber work and cam (.550"/310deg/106 lobe centers)

3x2 45mm/39mm OER Racing carbs

Nismo 1 3/4" 6=>2 header, 3" exhaust

255rwhp/221rwtq at New England Dyno in Worcester, MA.

1354June03run.JPG

Run turned ugly due to points bounce above 6200rpm, but I stubbornly persisted to 7200. The 280Z distributor I had been using crapped out the day before the dyno:(. With a magnetic pickup she runs clean to redline:)

299.3 why 305 lbft tq

mustang dyno

183k mile junkyard motor with low compression in #2

arp headstuds, metal HG

T3O4E 57trim @20 psi

megasquirt n spark

450cc DSM injectors

treadstone vertical flow I/C

home made mandrel bent 2.5" exhaust

electric waterpump and fans

Our club had access to a mustang dyno back on Dec. 2. Mine is a 73 with 181,000 miles, 82 5 speed&rearend using 75-90 wt. amsoil in both. 6-2-1 with 2 12 inch turbo exh. Lightweight flywheel, stock clutch, single groove pulley, ALL polution pieces removed, points replaced with crane xr3000,E3 sparkplugs,carbs are 4 screw with stock needles,however modifications were made to throttle shaft and butterflies for better flow. Pull was done in 4th gear and air filter removed(housing was left on) Max hp. was 149, tq. was 158. AR ratio at max was between 10.8 & 11.1 Would any of you with experience try an educated guess on what improvements migth be had with propper AR ratio, I'm not anywhere near qualified... thanks