HybridZ

Harbor Freight is annoying.....

240zV8

I ordered some cutoff wheels, wrenches and some air couplers, and it's been 17 days and nothings arrived. So I called yesterday to get some info, and they said it was suppose to come on the 9th, and then they told me half the order was cancelled because they didn't have them. I don't think i'm gonna buy from them again, the main things I ordered got canceled. Just kind of frustrating, and a warning to others....

I ordered some cutoff wheels, wrenches and some air couplers, and it's been 17 days and nothings arrived. So I called yesterday to get some info, and they said it was suppose to come on the 9th, and then they told me half the order was cancelled because they didn't have them. I don't think i'm gonna buy from them again, the main things I ordered got canceled. Just kind of frustrating, and a warning to others....

I had a similar issue at McDonalds....they just couldn't get me a fillet mignon!

Since all of my tools were stolen a few years back, I have used Harbor Freight a whole bunch. Couldn't afford to replace the original stuff.

I have spent in excess of three thousand dollars in less than three years with them. And if you know H/F, thats a lot of tools!

As an example...a 16 ton hydralic tube bender weighing more than 150lbs. Shipped to the door in 6 days for nine dollars and ninety eight cents shipping cost. Try and ship it back at UPS for that!

Of the hundreds of tools that I have ordered on line, they have back ordered me one time for one item, a wrench set (metric).

Thats my experience with them.

They've done the mysterious order cancellation with me as well, I think twice in the past couple years and I was ordering quite frequently there for a while. They're kinda hard to deal with sometimes, and their tools aren't top quality to be sure, but you can't beat some of the deals they have and I am more than willing to put up with the crappy service from time to time. My project would be nowhere near where it is now without HF...

they said it should be here by the 17th...lol... thats only 22 business days of shipping... It's nothing special in the order, just a bunch of random stuff, it's just funny that usps has the worst tracking system and don't know where it is. I just have a feeling it's gonna end up lost like usps did with another shipment I had.

I'm going to auburn to check out a Z this weekend, so maybe i'll just swing by when i'm there...thanks for the heads up, i'll take a $100 bill and leave with a truckload of stuff, lol.

Mcdonalds does have ribs..lol! well i guess u can call them that. I guess it's more USPS's fault than HF, since they said they shipped it a day after i placed the order...HF has some great deals, but so does Mcdonalds...lol

• Like 1

I'm sure that I have spent over $3000 at HF - like $285 for a 20" swing 12 speed floor standing Drill Press. This was when it was on sale for $339 and I had a 20% off coupon. I have bought a benchtop drill press, grinders, chop saw, A LOT OF AIR TOOLS and assorted other small stuff.

The only time I have ordered online was for a 30" floorstanding fan which the store didn't stock - $99 and cheap shipping - got it promptly.

The closest store is about 10 miles away, but it is also on the way to an auto paint supplier I use, and about 3 miles past the exit for the nearest mall and Home Depot, so it really isn't too much out of my way to go there, unless I forget something and have to make a single stop trip - which I HATE (I'm cheap).

Not standing up for them but, considering the time of year you ordered the items, stock issues are at their most critical. Back order is more likely what happened, unless the stock was discontinued because of supply and demand issues. What usually happends is they have to offer an alternate item or give your money back. And the latter, they do not want to do. Compensation for lost time is of little consiquence to them. Because they deal in volume, there is 50 more people waiting to take your spot. Delivery of stock/shipments are weekly, and many items are ordered by the stock clerks but disapproved by thier supervisors if they do not move well. Its a bad situation, but try and find a local store before ordering online. It's not much consolation, but its a very real and sad fact of life. Hope you have better luck finding an outlet nearby.

• Like 1

we have plenty of hardware stores, but i was ordering some air tools because they have great deals on them, and i got a cutoff wheel arbor adapter for my die grinder that i couldn't find anywhere else, oh well.

I called today, and now they said they have to issue a track on it, so there gonna send a letter I have to sign, then send back, then wait for them to do a trace. Then hopefully it can get shipped again. So maybe by the middle of next month i'll get the order...lol... It's already been almost a month since it was shipped. But I think USPS is at fualt not HF.