HybridZ

anyone know anything about this damper?

2003z

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, they have the + model for 180 something if you want to pay more. Its SFI rated, but I really don't know what that means. I'm going to call the company tomorrow and find out the differences, as I couldn't really find that info on their website.

After reading the description I'm not clear what the difference is between the 80055 PowerForce and the 90055 PowerForce+Plus. Maybe the Plus version is SFI rated????

Personally I need a two groove damper since I have A/C. Any ideas where we could get a second pulley?

I have a sinlge groove pulley with the trigger ring attached to it for my distributerless ignition from Top End Performance. I don't see what need I would have for something like that. Even in a full on race setup why would you need an adjustable dampner?

The reason most people go to an aftermarket damper is because the OEM Nissan dampers start separating after the rubber deteriorates or they are subjected to high RPM use.

I cracked a couple of pulleys at the hub because the bolt got loose. I could use a new one as well but I would need to fab an AC pulley to bolt to the damper.

Z-Ya, let us know what you think of the pulley and which one you got. Very interested.

Yeah I can understand needing a new dampner for that, but why these high dollar "Race" dampners?
This particular one because its cheaper then OEM. I only need a one row. I just talked to them, the 90000 series is SFI rated, which is required for drag racing. If the elastomer fails, it is constructed so as not to spin on the hub. I think I'll get the 90000 series, although I don't drag race, the car is a weekend road course car, and what an extra $100 in the long run?

I ordered the standard one. I'm just looking for a good stock replacement for my current project. It costs more to have a used one rebuilt by the damper doctor, than it is to buy one of these new. I'll post a full report when I get it.