HybridZ

Who donated this Z?

MOTORHEAD427

I just looked at the pics and i have a white 77 and just spray painted the tail panel white this week. it gives the back a whole different look. what would prompt some one to donate something like that to a church? or was the money given to the church? i dont really understand im not religious and very possessive over my things.

"403,332 miles on it"

yeah right...I don't think a L6 can last that long without some sort of a mild rebuild. And look at all of the performance junk and no engine rebuild!!!

Don't tell me that has a stock engine with 400,000 miles on it but it needs disc brakes.

Now if it HAD some sort of turbo engine in there or hi compression motor and he just put the stocker back in I can see that but not that motor.

I've seen that car on this site before... don't remember where though. I'm getting very leary of cars for sale on ebay. Could be the latest scam or something. Who's gonna try and gouge money out of a church?

True that car has been on Ebay before just can't remember when I saw it. The rims and tail panel is a dead give away. Might be another scam auction.

Guest 280ZForce

I have a friend who drives a 82 280zx and his engine went about 280,000 miles before his oil pump failed and he didnt know it cuz his oil gauge didn't work, so he ended up doing some minor damage that had to have a partial rebuild.

But if it wasn't for that, I'm almost certain it'd still be running strong as before the oil pump problem.

he currently has approx 335,000 miles on it now total.

I've heard the L-series engine is 1 of the best that was ever built as far as durability.

The L Series engine is a design from the Prince Motor Company from the late 50's early 60's who purchased the design from Mercedes Benz and made enough changes that it became a Prince motor patent. It is a very durable design and was originally a 4 cylinder. Prince and Nissan merged and Nissan added two more cylinders and made some minor changes in the oiling system and casting for the Fairlady Z. They kept the block and head design mostly unchanged for 20 years aside from tweaks for emissions.

Here is the history http://zhome.com/History/Truth/Prince.htm