HybridZ

SuperTrapp Videos

Armand

Hey guys,

Before I say anything I want to let you guys know I searched the forums top to bottom and I couldn't find what I was looking for.

I am considering getting a SuperTrapp muffler but I can't find any videos or sound clips of one on an L6. If anyone has a video it would be greatly appreciated. Pictures of it mounted would be really cool too.

Also, can anyone identify what kind of exhaust this car is running?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6465617191604514213&q=240z+turbo

Is it just a straight pipe to the back? I would die to have my car sound like that. I don't care for the sound of the turbo, just the way it sounds when backing up. I don't mind it being loud, I only drive my car once in a while to school, and most of the time I drive in the canyons. My car is going to be made purely for canyons and some track days here and there.:-D

Thanks in advance,

-Armand

I love the look & sound of Supertrapp! plus thier smaller than most mufflers, they even have a weld in setup for ultra tight fit.

I thought I was going to use Supertrapp, but ended up with Hooker Aerochamber. I wasn't sure about legality and the loudness/sound I love about them kept me away,on what I thought was going to be a daily driver.

I might use them again someday, since I've bought a truck.

I used supertraps as angled style side pipes on my 71' Javelin SST 401 4spd. Straight pipes to the traps. To me the exhaust note sucked. I was not impressed no matter how many discs added. Ended up just running no discs. I have heard from too many other experienced people that these mufflers flow Terrible, despite the looks. If you like the looks go for it. If you seeking to increase power look for something else.

EDIT: It wasnt that loud on the street even with no discs. Thats with a 10.5 to 1 compression AMC motor pushing a solid 400Hp.

FYI... On a 1995 BMW M3 with a 3" racing exhaust, removing the Borla muffler and adding a Supertrapp knocked off 20 horsepower at the top and 12 to 31 ft. lbs. of torque throughout the rpm range. We tried tuning with discs and there was no difference with 5 to 20 discs in the Supertrap. Taking the end cap off gave us back all the horsepower and torque.

Can't really help with that supertrapp other than I used to have one on my old Scirocco when I bought it and had to remove it cause, the end cap made the fumes stain the whole rear of the car.

Imagine what it'll do to a Z which already has problems with fumes in the cabin.

I also noted smoother accelerations without the trapp.

It does sound good on an high reving 4 cyl. 1 thing though, I think that Volks's distinctive engine note was well suited for the supertrapp affect. Never heard it on an lined 6 so...

By the way, thanks for that video and nice lookin' car you have there.

Take care.

Alex.