HybridZ

new VIDEO!!! after some good tunning on the Megasquirt........

big-phil

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to go into "car 1" in megatune configurator, and select DIY wideband 0-5v, as well as selecting it in the MT2.25 (or whatever version you're using.) Otherwise your air fuel won't be accurate.

I found this out when I installed a speedhut wideband gauge, which is calibrated to the default LC-1 input.

THe coolest thing about the LC-1 is that once you get one of your own you can program it to make a narrow band gauge read like a wideband gauge (you just specify voltage targets for the 2nd output to read against the range of your narrowband gauge)

Good luck.

I agree with the whole new car thing. Even with me having to pull timing and run low boost (7psi) because of my outrageous oil use, I still have made that car walk. Some dude in a 325 thought he would be wise on the twisty uphill stretches in the mountains today. I went to FOURTH, and concentrated on keeping the back end in the back...as the onslaught of torque made that bimmer disappear!

That car knows NO hills now, unless an intercooler coupling blows off. I have to totally re-learn how to drive the thing, corners are coming up so fast now.

I know, it's not the same, a bimmer weighs more than a Z and it was a 325 n/a but he was still pissed, (I should have waved him down and told him to "drive a datsun, then decide"...lol) as it was a brand new car with the temp plates! (I not only smoked him figuratively, but literally, my turbo was red-hot...especially on the 8 west on the way back....maintained 90mph up a 6% grade in 5th on less than half pedal, until my I/C coupling blew off....and I used 2qt of oil over 245 miles...ouchers)

Awesome vid btw...I'm beginning to think mine are going to consist of my dad (who's flying out from Allentown to help me drive across....2 cars, need 2 people) shooting me pouring in a cali qt, then an arizona qt, than a new mexico qt, than 2 texas quarts....and so on :( (don't have time to rebuild/tear down motor, only 17 days till I leave and the ship is underway quite a few of those for the last of the workups before deploying)

Phil, Looking good there. If my memory serves me correctly you are running the internal wastegate. I know everybody who has run it has had boost creep problems and was wondering how is yours doing?

I had a similar setup as you except I had a f54 turbo block and a metal headgasket and was able to run 22psi with over 20+ passes. My felpro headgasket failed at around 17-18psi so I would look into replacing that if you want to up the boost. Nice vid you think you will make it to SEZ i'm planning on going and I don't even have a Z yet.

Phil, Looking good there. If my memory serves me correctly you are running the internal wastegate. I know everybody who has run it has had boost creep problems and was wondering how is yours doing?quote]

yes it is creeping, I ported the hole, but might need to port it more? I just got a Greddy profec B boost controler. That might help also?

um.. boost by 2,300-2,500 RPM?! with a HY35w??!

what the thats not right..

in what gear?!

My boost comes in around 3,100 rpm in 4th gear... but full boost by 3,800 RPM..

please share your fuel/spark maps.. because Holy crap I want that

I'll have to try it in 4th, That might of been 2nd or 3rd? I can't get my tach to work now with MS. Once I get that going again, or next time I've got the lap top in the car I'll check to make sure what it is in 4th. What ever gear I was in I know it was below 2500

"I can't get my tach to work now with MS"

When you installed the relay board, did you gut all the factory wiring out? The tach signal is tied into the factory ignition module, which is on the r/h kick panel. If you removed that, you probably have to jumper the coil wire to the tach wire, and the tach should work fine. (I think I did this with mine when I installed MS)

yes it is creeping, I ported the hole, but might need to port it more? I just got a Greddy profec B boost controler. That might help also?

I also ran a greddy profec B boost controller and reported my wastegate hole three times and it still would creep. I even ported it too far I had a constant bypass that hurt boost threshold and it still creeped. I was also running 21psi yet it still creeped to 23psi, mostly in 4th gear. I think the only true way to fix this problem is to go external. Good luck.

I also ran a greddy profec B boost controller and reported my wastegate hole three times and it still would creep. I even ported it too far I had a constant bypass that hurt boost threshold and it still creeped. I was also running 21psi yet it still creeped to 23psi, mostly in 4th gear. I think the only true way to fix this problem is to go external. Good luck.

I have been really thinking about getting an external waste gate, and just be done with it. 38mm?

I have been really thinking about getting an external waste gate, and just be done with it. 38mm?

Yepo

38mm should be more than enough. The internal one is roughly 25mm so you should more than double the flow. If you can try to mount it on the bottom of the t3 flange. If you can't mount it there then try between the no.5 and 6 cylinders, that is where i've seend most people mount them.