HybridZ

What flares do YOU like

NMeyer

I'm really bad at using the search function so even after 30 minusted of searching i could find anything, so i really am sorry if this is a repost. But i'm one of those people who only care what others think of them so out of all the flares which ones do you think look the best? Including all the currently available flares and discontinued MSA street flares.

-NMeyer

I like the yz's but i need them for 240...

280 YZ is the name of the product, they'll fit any S30 but, I'm no sure (by the looks of it, never seen a 280 YZ in real life...) that the "BIG" bumpers would fit over the rear.

oh wait, do the yz's replace the stock bumbers? the large bumpers were the main thing that i dont like about the 280 vs. the 240

I think that's the same for everyone here.

I like the yz's but i need them for 240...

oh wait, do the yz's replace the stock bumbers? the large bumpers were the main thing that i dont like about the 280 vs. the 240

The 280YZ will go on a 240 and they are mode to be installed without bumpers.

http://www.reactionresearch.com/280yzgallery.html

One of the biggest factors in determining which flares are best is how big do you want them and how much of the original look do you want to retain. If you just want a little bit of extra clearance then the ZG's or the subtle Z would work great.

http://www.reactionresearch.com/subtlez.html

If you want bigger than you you have the YZ and the IMSA as well as a few other choices. Look around the photo album and search for "flares". It will take some time to sort through everything, but it's worth it to become an informed buyer.

Yeah i definately like that kit... looks like it would be worth saving up for. The only real change i would like to make is, do you think i could but a MSA airdam on it? and can you use the stock hood?

Could the car be street legal without bumpers?

I really like the front end on the 940Z kit that John Washington sells. The front end looks a lot cleaner to me than the YZ kit. Unfortunately I don't think the flares are as wide, but for aero purposes and if money was no object that is the one I would choose.

Other than that I love the MSA street flares which are NLA. I just bought MAS bubble flares which are close to the street flares, so hopefully they'll do the trick for my car...

So is the 940 a slightly less dramatic version of the 280 yz? what about 940 in the from party in the... no my bad 940 in the front yz in the back

That would probably be OK for someone looking for a wider rear track than front. I bet it would look GREAT. I'd rather have them even or preferrably a wider front track, so it wouldn't work for my purposes.

That would probably be OK for someone looking for a wider rear track than front. I bet it would look GREAT. I'd rather have them even or preferrably a wider front track, so it wouldn't work for my purposes.

OK I looked at the pages and the wheel size difference is 9.5" vs. 12". So are there any problems with having 12's in the back and 9.5's in the front? I never heard, does anyone know if i could put a stock hood on with this kit?

There's not any inherent problem with wider tires in the back, especially for high hp applications. It's just that a wider front track will turn better, and most of the really wide rear end Z cars with narrower front ends don't turn very well. It's not a set in stone rule, but it's generally true.