HybridZ

Is this worth $300 ...

JSM

No. The body on that is beyond repair. You might be able to salvage some useful parts.

See if you can get the tail lights and both front turn signals. The 240 ones are getting more and more rare. The rear bumper looked good at first, but then I saw that big ass dent. The front bumper could be worth something if it is complete and not mangled.

That looks like a series 1 car that should have had the rear hatch vents. The ashtray is worth $150-$200 if it is in good shape. Not likely with that tub of rusted parts.

you might also be able to sell the title and VIN plate to someone in California with a post 75 280....

Yeah but get caught and... [index finger slides in a cutting motion from ear-to-ear]... you're toast!!

Get caught and absolutely nothing happens. I'm the naive purchaser of a vin flipped z. Cops were happy to confiscate the swapped tags, but would do nothing about the guy who ripped me off. I do still have the car though (sans title).

Guest TeamNissan
Get caught and absolutely nothing happens. I'm the naive purchaser of a vin flipped z. Cops were happy to confiscate the swapped tags, but would do nothing about the guy who ripped me off. I do still have the car though (sans title).

Maybe in your neck of the woods but try that in the tri-state area and be prepared to pay heavy duty fines... at the least.

Well, I guess I should clarify what I said. If I were caught trying to pass it off, I'd be arrested and the car impounded.

When I discovered the 'flip' I towed the car to DPS to have them look it over and figure out what needed to happen with the car. They removed the tags and told me that the title situation is a civil matter. They won't pursue criminal charges for the guy who sold it to me unless I can positively prove that he did it. Technically the law doesn't work that way, but they don't care.

PETE... That's just one case. There is every reason to believe that they'll change modus operandi next time. You know how lazy, corrupt, and inconsistent any government organization can be. It doesn't matter where you live or at what level. Sorry for the political rant...

That car is in a little better shape body wise than mine was, (you'd be suprised what can be repaired!) but mine was together and driveable.. and I live in Canada, so ANY Z is pretty rare up here... I'd say find one in better shape (should be easy down there) and MAYBE buy this one for $50, for parts..