HybridZ

Anna Nicole Smith dies in Fla.

dsommer

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This doesn't surprise me in the least. She was a very unhappy person. She was always on drugs... overly dependant on others... well... I don't want to disrespect the deceased but... [things better left unsaid here].

(CNN) -- Anna Nicole Smith died Thursday at a South Florida hospital after being discovered unconscious in her hotel room.

The reality TV star and former model was 39.

"I can confirm that she is deceased. It's as shocking to me as to you guys," Smith's attorney, Ronald Rale, told Reuters. "I don't know anything further. [Her lawyer and husband] Howard [K. Stern], obviously, is speechless and grieving."

Smith's private nurse called Seminole Hard Rock Hotel workers at 1:38 p.m. and security went to the room, Seminole Police Chief Charlie Tiger told reporters.

Before rescue worked arrived, Smith's bodyguard performed CPR on her, he said.

She was taken to Memorial Regional Hospital in Hollywood at 2:10 p.m. where she died, Tiger said. (Watch how Smith's death leaves daughter's fate undecided icon_video.gif)

An autopsy is scheduled for Friday, according to the Broward County Medical Examiner's Office.

Smith's legal woes

Smith was involved in a paternity suit regarding the parentage of her daughter, Danielynn, as well as other disputes, including some regarding a house she stayed at in the Bahamas around the time she gave birth.

Earlier this week, Smith was included in a class-action lawsuit against a company, TrimSpa, for which she had worked as a spokesperson. TrimSpa makes a product it claims leads to substantial weight loss. The lawsuit alleges the marketing of the product, TrimSpa X32, was false or misleading. (Full story)

Smith's son, Daniel Wayne Smith, died at age 20 just days after the birth of Smith's daughter.

Pathologist Cyril Wecht said a lethal dose of methadone and antidepressants caused cardiac dysrhythmia, leading to his death.

In June 1994, the then-26-year-old Smith married Texas oil baron J. Howard Marshall II, 89, who had an estate valued at $1.6 billion.

He died the following year, and Smith waged a 12-year feud with Marshall's son, Pierce Marshall, over the inheritance.

She initially won a $474 million judgment, but that was scrapped when a Texas state court ruled that Pierce Marshall was the sole heir.

In May 2006, however, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that Smith could pursue her fight in federal court. Pierce Marshall, 67, died in June.

Here's why it's so sad...

She came into her success after a lot of unfortunate and inappropriate choices in life.

She was apparently abused long before she met the senior citizen who made her famous and rich.

She danced and stripped for a living during that period, and the few strippers I've spoken with will tell you its not an easy life.

She had multiple chances to turn her life around.

She had even more multiple chances to turn her life around.

She apparetly didn't provide a good role model for her son, long after her debut as a "real life" reality personality.

She apparently turned her life around physically using "trimspa baby!".

I'm a cruel MFer most of the time... But this one is so sad on so many levels even I can't come up with some cruel statement that would be suitable for this situation... It's just plain sad.

Mike

Awe MIKE... I'm sure you could come up with something painfully truthful if you really tried. I could too but it's too late now that she's gone. What I see as the real shame is the wated life. It's just a pitty.

I think it's tragic and extremely sad. So much negative stuff going on in her life, only to have this kind of an ending. Doesn't seem right by any stretch of the imagination.

Mike Kelly has only spoken with a few strippers. Really, I find that hard to believe. :D

As for the twins, well, all I can say is that I envied her daughter! :lol:

DOC... You toasted my "Bush & Cond" thread but left this one intact. I'm hurt to the quick:cry2:

What kind of Texan are you? Bush is from texas which means you have to automatically not only like him but LOVE him! Geez, you could be shot in TEXAS for saying anything bad about BUSH. Maybe you should switch to beaver in stead of bush.

I mean really, poo poo on your political thread and your hurt? What kind of wussy texan have you turned in too?

OMG, somebody call 911, Mike is "hurt"!!

Come to my front door and call me a wussy Texan, pardner. We'll beat the crap out of each other, then have a couple of friendly beers. Texas beers though. None of that damm New Mexico pi$$ water.

mike, try living there for 7 years. foods awsome, rents WAAAAYYYY to much. mountain biking is off the hook. there are so many ODD people, artists, DOE scientists ect, that make people watching fun. city different.:icon56:

jimbo

edit: and no good strip clubs (mikelly), only one, "cheeks".