HybridZ

strut lengths

Ok guys, sorry i dont have the time to search and compile from 100s of other threads. SO if you could in this thread post what struts including part numbers that will work in a 260 front strut that are 2-3 inches shorter then stock. i want to section the struts to lower the car more then is possible now. currently this is as low as the front will go. i want the tire to tuck up in there more. Thanks again maybe if enough part numbers get posted we can make this a sticky

DSC01672.jpg

The BZ3099 is something like 1 5/8" inches shorter than stock. I'm not aware of anything 3 inches shorter for the front. If you have the late 260/280 rears, the BZ3015 should be 3" shorter. You can use it with a 1" spacer but you have to make the spacer, or better yet order up the stock 280Z rear Illumina and then cut down the spacer it comes with so that it is 2" shorter than stock.

Well here is my problem. Im using the Koni inserts that AZC sells along with the coilovers. i cut the perch off and installed the threaded tubes as instructed. It was a pretty clean install. and with the old wheels with low profile tires i could get it plenty low enough.

Now with the mickey Ts on the front that are about 25 Inches tall i cant get the front down low enough to match where the rearend is going to be. With the coilovers turned all the way down which basically put the insert on its internal stops, i pretty much have no suspension travel. So im guessing that if i installed a 3 inch shorter insert and sectioned the strut i will be able to lower the car like i want and also have the travel that i need. So 3 inches isnt all that bad i dont think. what do you guys think.

I'm not aware of anything 3 inches shorter for the front. If you have the late 260/280 rears, the BZ3015 should be 3" shorter. You can use it with a 1" spacer but you have to make the spacer, or better yet order up the stock 280Z rear Illumina and then cut down the spacer it comes with so that it is 2" shorter than stock

Any one have a picture of this strut?

The 240 and 280 struts are all the same. They have different stock numbers, but the inserts are all the same. For the longer 240 rear and the 1" longer than that 280 rear, they put a spacer under the strut. So a 240 rear has a 2" spacer on it and the 280 rear has a 3" spacer on it.

Ok i have decided i want the adjustable ones. BUT i want to make sure this is going to work before shelling out the dough for them. does anyone have a pair of the rear inserts in question above, that they want to get rid of? they dont have to be good i just need a set for measureing and determining final ride height. Not asking for charity but charity is welcome :mrgreen:

HAHA little too late. received the struts i thought were going to be 3 inches shorter then the stock front struts. removed spacer and they are exactly the same length as the one i have. If i had read this thread well enough i would have understood that they are teh same struts .... oh well

Anyone have a good or bad set of the Mr2 struts???? same story as above. i want to test fit everything before buying a new set a and wasteing money on something that wont work.