HybridZ

Hey Hey...new 240Z owner here!

Yay! Well it's a done deal. We just came to an agreement over the phone and Im going to make the deposit and pick up the pink tonight. ..NOW I can talk price.

MY 71 240Z cost me $525..V8 ready

I feel I got a good price and will be getting alot of fun for a small amount of money. smile.gif I'm happy and satisfied with what Im getting for the price...and Im happy to be on my way to owning my own Hybrid-Z!

Thanks to everyone for all the patience and help. I would have been lost if it wasn't for this great forum and for that Im thankful!

Well Im off to pick up the pink on my new toy..woohoo smile.gif

P1010027.jpg

P1010017.jpg

Thats sweet jason! You are about were I am.

I bought my dad's 70 240 for 300 bucks that

was v8 ready also.I just picked up a stout

350/350 combo from my bro in law for 825!!

You cant beat these cars , bang for the buck.

Man I wish my jeep build up's were this

cheap.

For $525 you got yourself a deal. Don't worry about the rust at that price. My 74Z cost me $425 when I got it and mine was clean and straight, but yours appears to be in great shape. BTW, if you ever think about not wanting that sunroof, you could go to a junkyard and hack off the roof metal and simply cut the appropriate section out of it to weld back into your roof...I've seen it done twice, and it isn't "THAT" difficult!

Congrats and now go buy some tools and drop that V8 in!

Mike

------------------

http://hometown.aol.com/dat74z/myhomepage/auto.html

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

Guest MistaFosta

Hehe...Glad everyone likes those centerlines...I just scored a set for 100 bucks from darius. 15X8. Yah. Wonder what tire size I can run in a z...

Guest RON JONES

You did great,I was reading your other thread on wheather you should buy it or not.If I had know you were geting it for that price I would have chimed in and told you to grab it.I thought it was more around the $1000 mark.You got a great deal.

Thanks everyone smile.gif

I think I got a good deal too. I didn't mention the price at all because this car posted for sale in the Buy/Sell/Trade area here on the forum. One I posted that I went and saw the car..I got TWO peronal emails regarding the shape of the car and what he wanted for it with the engine..sooo I had competition and had to keep my mouth shut. He originally said he would give up the car for $600 but he was taking engine,tranny, rims and ALL the add-ons and leaving the chassis. I ended up paying $525 and getting the cooling system, full fuel system, coated headers with full exhaust system (minus muffler), Tokico cartriges, 5 point harnesses and aftermarket shift light tach. I DID NOT GET THE CENTERLINE's..I didn't want them actually either. Im gonna be grabbing some stockies from the junkyard for the "come pick on me" look. They'll have Nitto's or DR's ofcoarse..lol. I'm looking forward to having a blast with this car and being an active member of HybridZ! I'll be here daily looking for knowledge. Thats again to all who helped guide me through this purchase.. hope I did ya proud smile.gif

Jason