HybridZ

Just poppin' in...

CruxGNZ

I want to apologize to everyone that has PM'd me. I have not had a computer since late October and can't really keep up with e-mails, or my favorite web site, Hybrid Z. When I popped in today, my inbox was full, so I cleaned it up a bit. PM away, BUT realize that it will be hard for me to get back to you in a timely manner. EDIT: My inbox can only store 250(?) messages, but I have about 600. Something happened since I was on here last. So, if you need to get a hold of me, just drop me an e-mail instead. Also, I can't reply to any of your messages either, sorry

Just in case some of you were curious, I purchased a big duplex back in October. My side of the duplex has a nice 2.5 car garage, with an I-beam running parallel to the opening, making for a nice engine hoist. The duplex needs some updating and that's what I have been doing with my time and money. Unfortunately the GNZ has been pushed into the corner of my garage untill I have some time to work on it.

I originally promised Garrett that I wouldn't show up here untill I had another update on the GNZ (because I spent WAY to much time with my butt in the chair putzing around on here instead of working on the Datsun), but after a couple e-mails and a PM wondering where the hell I was, I figured I would drop in and let you guys know I'm still alive and kicking.

The GNZ will still be finished, but since droppin' megabucks on the duplex, it's going to be hard to get it done when I want to. At least, when I do work on it, I'll have a nice flat concrete floor to roll around on and a roof over my head instead of just an asphalt driveway.

Just as a side note, since moving in, I elected to not get cable/high speed internet or buy a computer right away. IT'S SO NICE! Instead of plopping down and watching TV or playing around on the interweb, I do something constructive with my time. Heck, the other day I made a fire (I have a natural fire place that I absolutely love. I have fires almost every night) and sat down and actually read a book. Think about how you spend your time nowadays. Just a little change can make a big difference.

Hopefully next time I'm on here, I will have an update on the GNZ.

Hey man long time no see, good to see ya back. Looks like we're both in the same boat. My Z is tucked away in the corner of the shop. I hope to get cookin on it starting this May. If ya need any help with the car just give me a holler.

Thanks John! I may need some help in a couple months. I still have your phone #.

Glad to see you back around!!! I had sent you a PM literally 3 days ago trying to figure out where you had gone. Went from daily post to not being logged in for +4 months, just checking to make sure the all was well. Figured you might have hit the SoCo black label a little too hard :P .

Tyson

Funny how buying property pushes cars onto the back burner isn't it?!? :lol: I bought my house back in April and hardly even DROVE the Z, never mind do any serious work on it (of which it desperatly needs a lot of...) I did the same thing with 'recreation' stuff as well.. I STILL don't have cable/satalite TV and I only got a computer and the internet about a month ago.. and that's only because the guy I rent a room to paid to have it brought in, and the bill's in his name!

I totaly can see where you're coming from man, old buildings are the ULTIMATE 'while I'm at it' pitfall when you start 'updating' things.. Sucks all your time and money away like a big block drinks fuel!! Sounds like you got the better deal in a way though; I'm stuck with a crappy 1.5 car, flat roof, UN-insulated garage... and it's right on the property line, so an addition is out of the question... and I'm back up to 3 vehicles, AND I keep buying more damn tools! (you know.. cause I NEED them!!!! :icon56:) Good luck man, hope you can get back to the Z soon! :)

I'm on my way to the local Urgent Care (have a nasty sinus infection), so I stopped in at the 'rents house to use their computer real quick.

I am loving the duplex. What's kind of neat, is that my Dad did the finishing work on this place 20 years ago. The duplex was bought off a friend, so I got a AWESOME deal that just could not be passed up. First thing I did is gut my master bath and make it the way I wanted it. Never been able to do that before. It's a great feeling. Whenever I have a free moment, I'm tearing something down or replacing something. It sucks thinking, "should I buy a new water softener, or a shifter for the Z...?" Priorities, you know?

I'm getting my new work bench set up in the basement (the basement is attached to the garage (its a two story, exposed basement), making it a great setup :) ) so I can play with the Datsun when I don't want to work on the home.

I still live in Brookfield, and there is a nice park right down the road, so I'm thinking of having another Z shindig this coming fall at the park.

Z-Gad, I did make some progress on the GNZ before I moved into my place, but nothing to major, just some wiring that needed to be done. The next major thing is to start the damn engine! If I start it, I will make time to take video and pictures, then update you guys here.

Been there done that... Ever see the movie "The Money Pit" (2 weeks!) I restored a 1750 era Cape style house, it was my first house and the plan was to stay there 7 years and sell it. Well it took 14 years! But the sweat equity and improvements gave me the cash to have a new house built 7 years ago.

My mantra was "One room at a time" Don't start another room until you are finished with the one your working on or you will get caught up in the "Mr. 80 Percent syndrone, were you never finish one room and have so many rooms in different states of construction that you get discouraged.

Good luck and always put time aside to relax and work on the Z (:-))

Greg