HybridZ

Adding some "Bling" to the JCI kit

They will do a "lot" for $58 and that's usually about a 12" square box full of stuff. I got everything done on my car in 2 lots, so a little over $100. They have the clear zinc (which is what I had everything done in) and the typical gold (Cad) variety. With a silver car, the clear zinc works better, but the stuff does look OE with either type. A "lot" of anodized aluminum (clear, red, blue, black) is $65 and they strip whatever color it is and will do it in those colors. I did my aluminum parts in clear anodizing, so it keeps the aluminum color without getting dull or crusty.

It was done by: http://www.qualitymetalfinishing.com here in Eugene, OR.

It's possible to clear anodize over zinc plating, right? Does anyone know if the anodization is really necessary to protect the zinc?

I don't think so. Anodizing is used as a "plating" of sorts for aluminum. The zinc plated parts (steel/tin/etc) will pretty much stay that way, if kept clean. I figure that it's worth the extra time & effort to keep them looking nice for a long time.

Hey, that's great news. I'd heard that the zinc plating will eventually erode... fade away. Those parts look FANTASTC!! I'm now convince to follow the same path with mine.