HybridZ

VinhZXT's front MSA type II bumper mod progress!

80LS1T

Well I went ahead and started on my mod to the MSA type II bumper as per Vinh's instructions! This mod is a piece of cake compard to the spoiler! I am also eliminating the front turn signals to give the front end and even smoother look. Not sure exactly what I'm going to do for turn signals just yet but I have a few ideas floating around in my head! Anyways here's the goods..........:rockon:

P3050037-272x195.jpg

P3050039-270x193.jpg

P3050038-271x194.jpg

P3050040-271x194.jpg

Guy

Hi Guy,

The weak areas for this mod are the sides next to the headlight buckets. You need to add plenty of fiberglass mat and resin there to re-enforce those areas. This is to prevent the hood from breaking them when the front spoiler shifts. I have a little nick on one side of my spoiler on my blue Z. This is because I didn't mold the front spoiler into the fender and therefore the front spoiler shift at some point. You can also grind down the corners of the front of hood a little to help the situation. Can't wait to see your car finish. Keep it up.

V.

Hi Guy,

Mine is over the front lip of the hood just like what you have there. Looking good. Now you can answer questions to others when they ask how to do this mod lol. I am really bad at writing and explaining the steps to do this mod. Now what are you planning for the rear?

Beach_Turbo,

No need to beep it up. It is strong enough.

Not much to explain, just lay cardboard on hood and front bumper and cover it with glass/resin and mold it into desired shape. Very straight forward/easy!

NO MORE PLANS FOR THE REAR VINH!;) And don't put anymore ideas in my head for body mods! LOL I need to finish the body work soon so I can actually drive this thing this summer!:burnout:

Guy

Rdsk8tr,

If you want vents I think cut that top piece off completely and make it flat would make the front looks similar to the earlier Zs' front and plenty of air can enter that openning. You might want to try that instead of vents. GL.

Guy,

All that work to the front and you will not take an extra step to finish the rear? I agree that the rear is a lot more difficult to make the ZXs look good.

Cody,

If you use the stock bumper reenforcement then you will need to weld the struts so that if someone hit it the reenforment piece it won't move back. Otherwise the reenforcement will interfere with the hood.

Vinh, I don't have any interference issuse with the hood to reinforcement clearance? You mean that big heavy ass support that goes between the front bumper struts right?

And sorry but this will be my last body mod Vinh. I think if it started to mess with the rear bumper cover I would get in over my head and end up with more of a mess than anything. Besides I don't really mind the way it looks as is.

Cody, I'm either thinking of getting some headlights with turn signals in them(ebay specials, lol) or finding something to go in the opening in the bumper but farther back so that you can't really see them unless they are on.

Well back out to the garage! Man I am really really close to being done with this body work! Should be in full primer very very soon!

Guy

Guy,

Wait a minute. You are telling me that you are not shaving the door handles? lol. But it looks nice with the door handle shaved. Don't stop now. I know you have to be very good with fiberglass now lol. J/K with you but seriously you are at a point where "yeah I might as well do this".

V.

PS. How do you like the new look now?

Put 1157 bulb sockets in the side marker lights and run the turn signals and marker lights in the same dual filament bulb. run the marker lights to the dim side and turn signal to the bright side.

Yeah but you won't be able to see if from the front and I really don't want to give the cops a reason to pull me over!:nono:

Guy