HybridZ

My Free Widebody Project

G.I.jonas

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gijonas; i've gotta agree with fred 110%, i've never seen a widebody i truly fell for until this. i can't wait to see the thing finished. i love what you did with the doors i read the entire thread through:shock: i was looking at all of this thinking you were going to continue the 3'' from the rear and taper it down to a smaller gap at the fenders... man am i glad i was wrong, it was just a strange visual in my head, making any sense? i've gotta say the point i'm trying to make is this car is just beautiful, congratulations on your work.:-D

gijonas; i've gotta agree with fred 110%, i've never seen a widebody i truly fell for until this. i can't wait to see the thing finished. i love what you did with the doors i read the entire thread through:shock: i was looking at all of this thinking you were going to continue the 3'' from the rear and taper it down to a smaller gap at the fenders... man am i glad i was wrong, it was just a strange visual in my head, making any sense? i've gotta say the point i'm trying to make is this car is just beautiful, congratulations on your work.:-D

Wow,thanks again guys.Now i want to go out and do some tonight:).I almost have the other side done now so i can get some progress on the front soon.

At this point im pretty sure im going with a flares in the front for tire clearance and im going to vent the sides and tops of the fenders with large louvers as well as an msa type 3 type of airdam.The rear end will be custom made,havnt got an exact plan but some kind of rear pan and diffuser will probably be the outcome.

aww i saw you on another post and it brought back that craving to see this car finish, WE DEMAND NEW PICTURES!!!! it's making me wanna get off my rump and pickup my Z sooner rather than later, i was going to strip the chevelle to nothing and use it as the donor and sell off the other parts until i can build a better engine for it, now i'm tempted to just go right out of pocket on one... SO GORGEOUS!

Im currently working on the other side,by the time i have prgress for new pics it will be basically the same thing as the last pics only the opposite side..i'll do it anyway:)

exactly i mean even if nobody else wants to see the pics, i still want 'em!! haha, what are you planning on for paint? and i can't wait to see how the front turns out.

I really like how your project is turning out. Like everyone else, I like how you blended the doors. Maybe you should consider making some fiberglass molds when you are done. I am sure there would be plenty of interest.

Good luck!

I really like how your project is turning out. Like everyone else, I like how you blended the doors. Maybe you should consider making some fiberglass molds when you are done. I am sure there would be plenty of interest.

Good luck!

great idea!!! how about gijonas... care to make some molds for those of us... smitten with the car's beauty? hell i'd buy a pair before i manage to get everything else prepped for the car!!! ok maybe not quite, but close! can i'll come over and help you get it all finished just to see the finished product -nudge nudge-

care to make some molds for those of us

I assume you mean the blend flares for the doors?Not much point in making a kit for the rest of it,kind of defetes the purpose.Also im not really that great with molding,especially making one that would produce saleable parts.Got to go,working on this project at the moment.

to be honest, im glad you're not making molds. it would promote more people to undertake the project and come up with unique designs =)

But i guess if its at all possible to make it easier for someone to start on a project, or just have their car the way they see it being, then yah..

but meh. =/

and i like how you're constantly going back and forth between car and computer. LOL

I wish i had a slow time at work to do more stuff on the car =(

• 1 month later...
No it certainly hasnt.However my current funds have died on me lol.i'll get back to it here in a bit.

Sorry to hear that, I know the feeling and I don't like it, very interesting project you have going on. Is awesome to see that kind of work been done, great talent brother.

I know how u feel , its like the old saying when u have the time u don't have the money and when u have money u don't have the time - go fiqure.

later bob

Sorry to hear that, I know the feeling and I don't like it, very interesting project you have going on. Is awesome to see that kind of work been done, great talent brother.

• 1 month later...