HybridZ

My Free Widebody Project

G.I.jonas

I love how you blended the rear quarter into the door, nice! Although I do think widening the front fenders with a nice open vent next to the door would look sick (Super GT style) although the area around the headlight would be tricky. It'll be interesting to see how your "flare" up front will pan out to complement the rear. Your project makes me itch to get another 280zx and start my "widebodyz" project, but that is just going to have to wait until I graduate.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hungy240

well at 1st i was thinking 3.5 but it ended up being 4.5 at the rear and it tapers to the front fenders at 1.5 or so. u r really moving on this project. u got some bondo and fiberglassed layed and everything. how much time u spend working on it a week. i have my car at my school so i can only work on it for about 6 hours a week. i spent more time fixing rust and sectioning the fram then i spent on the rest of the car. well ur foam work looks really good. cant wait till i finsh all the welding. oh here r a few pics from myp phone

26-03-07_1815_thumb.jpg

26-03-07_1816_thumb.jpg

Wow its hard to imagine that that is 9 inches wider than stock,it look so much like mine.I admit i am moving fairly quickly,although not for good reasons(lack of work lately).But i figure if i do have extra time i might as well work on my car.Probly...i dont know...15-20 hours a week anyway.

gijonas,

Mate you have some big ones! I couldn't bring myself to cut up a car like that. Although, I also have no metal working experience, so thats probably why.

I dont mean to put a damper on your efforts, but have you checked the clearance with the door handle?

My door handle is about half of the recess in the door, but it doesn't matter because it sticks out from the door. Im a bit worried with yours because now, the door handle is recessed as well. Are you going to be able to get your hand in there?

Have you thought about glassing ove the handle, going shaved, or how about relocating the handle to the top, kind of like a Lamborghini Murcielago

MurcRoadster_door-handle-1.jpgMurcRoadster_door-handle-2.jpg

OFF TOPIC, damn thats a nice car

http://articles.motortoday.com/feature/closeenMurcRoadster/

Well i got the one side in my first coat of primer.I usually do what i call a mistake coat lol,basically a couple of light coats with puff can primer to see what still needs attention,luckily very little:grin: .A little easier to visualize now i think,still hate looking at it with those little wheels i currently have.Now i have to start doing th body work on the other side:cry2:

IMG_1300.jpg

IMG_1301.jpg

IMG_1302.jpg

Oh and thanks for all the great support and comments,everyones approval is what keeps me up till like 2:00 am on this.

awww =(

i was hoping the blending into the door would be more gradual and make the car look more like a wedge closer to the front.

but ♥♥♥♥, you did this in like what... a couple of weeks?? goddamn you, buooooy! you do some good work =)

What color are you planning on painting it?

That has been my biggest problem from the start.All i know for sure is that it wont be white or red and probably wont be blue.I would love total black out but dont like the maintenance of black.Probably anywhere from dark dark green,to pewter/dark grey,and theres a chance i will still go black.???