HybridZ

SBC swap done..

Welp, shes out of my hands now. Today i trailerd the 280 to the wiring guy's shop. the motor/trans is fully installed.

I bought this car 2 1/2 years ago for 900 bux..from a friend... i had no prior knowledge of Z cars but i figured it would get me to work and get decent mileage... I had no idea i would build it into this monster...haha

.. did all the body work, complete tear-down/assembly of the suspension, everything. Except spraying the paint and i oped out the wiring also

1 week befor the West coast Z meet in orange 2006 i blew the L28's head-gasket with nitrous.... i was pissed i didnt even go..

did not get my tee shirt that i had paid for either.

This year im going.

This is my first car that "ive" built. Sure ive had fast cars before but not like this..

Hi, my name is Andrew Reed and im an addict.

heres a lousy picture of the car back on the ground after 11 months of being on jackstands.

l_6f22939d9c3899e60189888dfe4638dc.jpg

l_11b30e8e9bbc66a261d1740c89788a7a.jpgi later realized i had the camera on close up mode.. my bad

I'm still planing on 8 point roll cage, rear disc then im basicly done.. well that is until something breaks! ahhaha

cant wait to drive it, im going insane!

Edit: total $$ so far.. 14k... my "EX" g/f just didnt understand

but i understand. 14k for a car that will blow your mind.. priceless

total $$ so far.. 14k... my "EX" g/f just didnt understand

but i understand. 14k for a car that will blow your mind.. priceless

G/F's are very replaceable. I dated a gal that did not understand my addiction either. She asked when I was going to grow up. Funny, I don't remember much of her after that. :)

My wife whom I met a few years later was not really a car person, but she still took an interest and even helps out from time to time. She has never uttered anything other than "Go for it"? Gems like that are out there so if the bills are paid and she has her toys then no reason you can't have yours.

Whatmounting kit did you use? From the blurry picture, it looks like the engine really sits down low.

JTR mounts.. since i have a very small dia dizzy i could have even pushed the motor back even more but i didn't

Thanks for the comments guys!

andrew