HybridZ

How did you first find out about hybridz.org?

dr_hunt

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I surfed just about every Z site I could find back in the mid 90's. I bumped into zcar.com early on. I have a 280z so that put me in a class not far from the despised lowly 260z. The fact that I modded it made it only slightly better that a bastardized 240 (because it was ONLY a 280Z) I stayed for quite a while, and I remember the massive flamer wars, and the V8 boys left town to build their own fort.

Many of the original pack of zcar.com'rs filtered off, and were replaced by teenagers trying to make a mustang/vette eater from an unrestored poorly maintained tired Z with less than 1K$ to spend.

My quest for improving and personalizing my Z caused me to follow where the knowledge, experience, talent, openmindness went. That led me here.

Been hooked eversince.

Cheers,

i was checking the Z club site and posted a thread there asking them about tuning my L28 and if my stock block would handle a 75hp shot of NOS, they told '' go check the guys at HybridZ, they have gone really wild with Zs" :)

i came here with the intention to have a stock L28 just to drive it and have fun, 5 monthes later, i'm drivin a 302/NOS powered 280Z with almost 450HP :)

thanks guys, without you, my life would have been BORING :)

From zcar.com...

Back in college, a friend of mine kept telling me how the Z-cars were a great car for racing (and looked damn good too). I got the z-history screen saver in 1998, got the "bug" and found out about zcar.com from webcrawler.

When I returned home from college, I bought my first Z; a 1981 280ZX 2+2. I got it restored, but it wasn't what I expected it to be when I found out about the 280ZX Coupe and Turbo!! :-P

Long story short, I hung out on zcar for a number of years until I gained knowledge (and gained more z-cars). Hybridz was kind of intimidating to me at that time. It seemed the mods would "crack down" on any noob comments (good). zcar.com was cool, but a couple of years ago I think it took a dive (as others have mentioned) and I couldn't take it anymore!! :icon8:

Now I see why a site like this works the BEST.

Cheers, -Hughdogz

I read a magazine article about a V8 jag that mentioned JTR. Started looking at the Datsun section on their web site and thought it was the coolest thing ever. I searched for V8 Zcar pics on google and found Pete's car, read through his site and was hooked. Spent lots of time lurking and searching here, took a year to find a useable Z (it ended up being 5 blocks from my house and only $500!) Just about ready to drop in the Chevy.

I havent posted much simply because all of my questions have been answered by searching! Thanks everyone for the wealth of great information on this site. I hope to be able to post pics of my finished swap soon!

BlueOvalZ :hail: ....... ive never met the man or actual conversed with him .. but his web page and that work of art he calls a Z is how i found this option to crack cocaine we call HybridZ..... I lurked for a year or two and finally posted something and was immediatly blasted for not searching more... oh yes.... luv at first newbie posting.