HybridZ

How did you first find out about hybridz.org?

dr_hunt

I gotta admit I'm zcar.com convert. I remember seeing the V8 swappers stuff and the early days of Hybrid Z but, there really wasn't any turbo stuff so I just lurked for a long time. Once the turbo/supercharger section opened up I was all over it. I bounced back and forth for about a year till zcar.com just got boring. Now, like Davy said I have no dought the ratio of time spent on HybridZ and the time spent on the car is very backwards.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As with many others I came over from zcar.com. I went between the two for a while, then I got tired of my posts being deleted because some little prick wanted to start an arguement every time I posted anything so I moved here and quit posting over there. Now I'm also a mod a zraceproducts.com. Another great site with some very helpful people and beautiful zcars.

I can't even remember. I found hybridz sometime between 1999 and 2001 probably via a Google search. Back then the home page had profiles of a few members' cars. Blueovalz's car pulled me in. I read as much as I could until I finally bought a house and soon after my first s30 in 2003.

Got tired of the honda scene and started looking for another project. Something more "mature". (I'm over 50) Always wanted a Z, so.........

I built hybrid hondas so why should the Z be stock? A google search and here I am! Looked at other Z sites but have only posted here, feels like home.

chris

I was an early member of the z-car-digest but I wanted more in-depth technical info about performance and upgrades other than what I could get from the FSM type of banter I found over there. I learned alot from z-car-digest and still read it, but it has it's limits. The digest is like an oval track, whereas, HybridZ is like Watkins glen :wink: I think I found HybridZ through the digest.

There used to be a site called "Great Big Engines in Little Bitty Cars", or something like that. Some real mutant vehicles there, but appealing. The section on Datsuns linked here, with the note "If you really want to get into the dirty details of doing a swap, HybridZ is the place to go." Dirty Details was enough for me, he was right. I probably spent every night for two months just using the search function and taking notes before I even registered to ask a question. This site saved me hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars - which is a wash because the car cost me thousands of hours and tens of thousands of dollars.

Did a search for Z performance in the hopes that my parents would get me one for my 17th b-day. That was a few years ago and have started to ask questions. My wife now tells me I'm addicted to the site and I spend more time with hybridz then I do with her. In all fairness, I was with the Z before I ever met her.

So after after putting a race built 355 V-8 with a blower into my 75 280Z I thought I was finnished with mods and took it to a car show. One of the people asked me how I liked HybridZ. I said I've never heard of it. So I took a look. My first post was an engine bay pic and some tech info. Many mods and $$$ later we're still here...:2thumbs:

LARRY

My friends had 280ZXs but I never really thought about getting a Z until my college roomate gave me a copy of the JTR manual (photocopied the whole book :) ). So, back in '96 I bought a 240Z to do a V8 swap. About a year later I bought another 240Z already converted with a 327. I think I found hybridz just surfing the internet looking for info. Lurked for a long time before joining and it's been my cyber home ever since.

Yahoo search engine, when I bought the Z for the RB swap. Now I log on almost everyday.

I wish there was an "encyclopedia" like hybridz back in 85' when I bought my first Z.

All the knowledge and the hands on experience is priceless and appreciated.

Henry

• Administrators

WOW, this brings back memories…

The Internet Z car Club used to be home at the time, late ‘90’s, but somehow some of us, Ross Corrigan, (aka Modern Motorsports), Pete Parraska, and a few others hooked up over here. Hydrid Z was fresh and lots of great new ideas were being presented and tried all the time. The forum was growing and quickly becoming “the” performance Z resource, no matter what internal combustion engine was under the hood… For the most part, it took on the flavor it still has today, purely a technical archive of what others have tried or want to try in regards to modifying their Z cars, with no excuses, no B.S.

I took a long break from Hybrid, and then over the past few years (with my wife’s diligence in turning my custom head work and limited Z knowledge into an official business, instead of just a word of mouth Z shop,) I spent a few weeks getting back up to speed on how Hybrid has evolved and some of the stuff that you guys were doing is just pure AH MAH GAWD!!! Back in the day, our low 12 second street Z cars were FAST! of course Scottie GNZ was always one of the faster knowledgeable guys. Well those days are gone. We are now seeing low 11 second L-series powered Street Z cars, (working on that 10 second time slip), 9 second V-8 and 2JZ cars, etc..

Any how, Hybrid-Z is, and will always forever be, home.

Paul (BRAAP) Ruschman

Rusch Motorsports