Post before and after photos of your Z

MY77Z

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a before picture.

Dragonfly.jpg

and here are a couple of after pictures.

P1010061.jpg

P1010057.jpg

That is my wifes new Camry in the background of this picture. BTW the spot that looks like something is leaking from the car... well thats a stain on the road from the neighbors truck.

Dragonfly

WAAAAAAY back when I was in college, she was pretty stock (T/C ball/socket kit, rack bushings, steering coupler, wide tires and wheels (14x7, 225/60-14), Air dam, 72 SUs, MSA 2.5" exhaust):

myZ1983.jpg

After putting her away for years, fixing her, driving her with the 6, then tearing her apart for the 11 year transformation:

firstdrive_LRs.jpg

More here: http://alteredz.com/mypics.htm

Haha I've had your web page save in my favorites for about a year now, cool to see you on here!

Dragonfly,

What hood pins are those and how did you mount them? Any pics?

They are some cheepies from Pep Boys ($10 for a set of two, stainless steel). I made an "L" bracket out of steel and bolted it to one of the existing bolt locations for the stock hood spring at the front, at the back I drilled a hole next to the adjustable stop as you can see in the pic.

P1010006-2.jpg

It is not a close up but you can see both front and back.

The fronts will change when I build my radiator shroud but that will be a new set of pics on a different thread.

Dragonfly

Dragonfly, what happened to the whale tail? Still have it laying around somewhere?

This is about as "before" as it gets for me without breaking out the ladder and digging up the "hard-copy" photos. It was originally blue with cream interior, but I promptly gave it its first rattlecan tuxedo within a month or two. Also it had a snake in it.

veritech-1.jpg

Here it is with my not quite re-painted Impuls (these are going to be the wheel of choice for me, but I'm currently repainting them)

DSCI0018.jpg

Here it is right now, with my B-side wheels (MOMO quasar) and my not finished fascia project on it:

newfascia004.jpg

*and for the record, I always thought Larry's (Cozy Z Cole) side pipes were the business...*

Dragonfly, what happened to the whale tail? Still have it laying around somewhere?

No it was sold before it even came off the car. It was an original whale tail from a 280ZXR that found its way into the wrecking yard many many years ago.

Dragonfly