HybridZ

Sportmax wheels are on!

Looking real good there cygnus, they compliment your car very well.

I'm really excited about the new crop of wheels for old skool imports that we are seeing now...Looks like I will be purchasing a set of the new 16" Rota RB's when I get back into the states, hopefully they will work as well visually with my car as the sportmax wheels work with yours.

good choice.

Sparky,

that's why I asked about the clearance, especially on the rear. The rotas will even have less since i believe the 16" is -4 offset.

Those tires fill the wheel well so good I'm thinking ZG flares wouldn't look out of place with that tire wheel combo. (without cutting the fender). I wonder if you could sqeeze a 245 on the rear???

Car looks fantastic

If you go wider than 225 in the rear on my car you increase the chance of the fender slamming down onto the tire if you hit a dip. Right now, the lip has to come down about 3-4 inches to hit the sidewall. If you move the threads out with a wider tire, that clearance is rapidly lost. I think 235 would be ok but rub occasionally, and 245 would require some fender clearance work.

Guest zofdoom

Yea I think these rims look awsome, a good cross between new and old school styling.

I plan to get a set of these in gunmetal, 15x8 with 0 offset. with 225x50s in front and 245x50s in rear. I want to do the Toyota 4 piston upgrade up front and was wondering if anyone thinks there will be a clearence problem.

I dont think there will be and even if there is I have spacers but I would like to avoid using them.

Guest zofdoom

Yea I think these rims look awsome, a good cross between new and old school styling.

I plan to get a set of these in gunmetal, 15x8 with 0 offset. with 225x50s in front and 245x50s in rear. I want to do the Toyota 4 piston upgrade up front and was wondering if anyone thinks there will be a clearence problem.

I dont think there will be and even if there is I have spacers but I would like to avoid using them.

The wheels look great. How is the construction? Do you think they are safe for track days? Any rubbing problems in the rear? I run 16x8s with a +0.5" offset. This lets me run 245-45ZR16s. But even with the extra 1/2" of clearance, they still rub on big bumps in the rear.

Yea I think these rims look awesome, a good cross between new and old school styling.

I plan to get a set of these in gunmetal, 15x8 with 0 offset. with 225x50s in front and 245x50s in rear. I want to do the Toyota 4 piston upgrade up front and was wondering if anyone thinks there will be a clearance problem.

I don't think there will be and even if there is I have spacers but I would like to avoid using them.

The 4x4 calipers stick out even more than the AZ Wilwood setup. On my track car I have the 4x4 calipers with the vented rotors, and I have to run 1/2" spacers with Panasports. My turbo Z has the Wilwoods, and they clear the Panasports fine. The problem with the spacers is that you may not have enough thread in the nut after putting the spacers on. I have 1/2" longer ARP studs on the track car. The other option is to mill the fins off the caliper. the fins stick out at least 1/4" from the caliper body.

Z-Ya, as far as I can tell the rim construction is very good. If I had to guess, the street Pansports "look" a bit tougher. These however have more spokes which are solid cast. Bottom line, quality is not an issue at all. They are well made. I would call the paint finish on them better than the Panasports.

Looks very nice and as another has said, they compliment your car nicely. I am sorta kicking myself for not opting for these wheels, but I really, really like the 15-spoke Turbines I picked up. I just wish they were 15-in.

If you go wider than 225 in the rear on my car you increase the chance of the fender slamming down onto the tire if you hit a dip. Right now, the lip has to come down about 3-4 inches to hit the sidewall. If you move the threads out with a wider tire, that clearance is rapidly lost. I think 235 would be ok but rub occasionally, and 245 would require some fender clearance work.

so have you rolled your fenders , and if not, would it help to clear the 245's?. I would think stock spring perch would be getting close too with 245's.

Did you think you would get slammed with all these ????????:-)

so have you rolled your fenders , and if not, would it help to clear the 245's?. I would think stock spring perch would be getting close too with 245's.

Did you think you would get slammed with all these ????????:-)

You need 8" wheels with a +0.5" offset to clear 245s in the rear. And then you also need coil overs (to clear the wheels), and you need to trim the fender lip. If you are running stock ride height with stiffer springs, you may get by with 0 offset and 245s. But there may be that one bump that does a tune on your fenders.

Guest zofdoom

Yea these are the Sportmax 002 15x8 with 0 offset rims for 4x114.3 bolt pattern. they come in gunmetal, red, black, and polished finishes. All lips are polished as well.:-)

I have found varoious sites selling these rims and the prices are around the same, about 300.00 for a set. The cheapest I found was Ebay including the shipping it was just under 400 bucks. However I am paranoid of buying from Ebay, can someone post where they bought their rims for the rest of us so we can get a safer idea since I have found 30+ companys selling these rims.

:confused2

W00t!!!!!

RAWKZORZ!!!!!!!!!

I finally installed the 16x8 0-offset wheels tonight. I have 225/50-16 BFG Comp T/A KD's on them. For fitment questions, the suspension is stock spring pans with 1" height reduction Tokico springs and camber bushings up front. The tires don't rub at all. I suspect that if I had alot of weight in the car and I hit a dip, they might rub the fender lip.

It maybe time for the baseball bat fender roll if you're afraid of the rubs. Take a baseball bat and GENTLY.... I mean GENTLY, roll the inner fender lips using an old baseball bat that is leveraged against the tires. This might give you the clearance you'd need. Just a suggestion!

Oh and... LOOKING GOOD, btw!!!