HybridZ

UPS-why can't things be easy?

mannyvig

Ok the clip was ordered and shipped a few weeks from tiger in canada. Tiger immediately sent me a tracking number (tiger has been great to deal with so far by the way). As of last friday morning the tracking number said it was in Portland. We called UP$ corprate and fount out the clip was here in phoenix on wednesday and we needed to schedule a time to deliver for yesterday. After calling the local warehouse to schedule for house with no answer i called corprate back and was told they would get back to me. This morning i called only for them to fess-up and tell me that no one knows where my clip is:icon8: . HOW DID THEY LOOSE THE FRONT OF A CAR?!?! They put out an "emergency bulliten" and told me they would make contact within 24 hours so much for tear down this weekend.

NOw i'm sad and bored.

A word of advice. Inspect the package carefully before accepting it. If they dont know where it is or what it is then they certainly dont know how to treat it. If there's anything wrong with it you're going to want to get the driver to acknowledge it.

I copied this thread to my son who works for UPS. This was his reply:

Has he tried tracking the package at UPS.com himself yet? I don’t have rights to post, or I would. No matter how large the package is, it can be lost if the shipping label gets torn off and they don’t know where to send it. He can track his package online and see every city it has been scanned in. If the front clip is damaged he needs to refuse delivery from the driver and call Tiger to let them know it was delivered damaged and that he is sending it back. They should immediately send a new one and will work with UPS for compensation on their end. He may even be able to get a free Next Day Air out of it.

My son doesn't work in the area of UPS that he could actually take action but his prior experience gave the above advice that hopefully is helpful.

After dealing with corporate it seems to be that there is a strike or something at the Phoenix freight warehouse. No one at the warehouse will scan the barcode on the crate. we were told that it really has to be just sitting in the phoenix warehouse but there isn't anyont to confirm. Of course they are closed on the weekend so come monday we will try to raise a little hell. Tiger, by the way, is continuing to be very helpful. They have been putting some heat on UPS as well. Oh well hopefully tomorrow night i will be able to post pics of the clip that actually made it to my house. Wish me luck

HOLY $H#T!!! So we went down to she UPS dock and talked to everyone we could. They were actually very helpful. We were assured that the clip was ,in fact, in the Phoenix yard.The problem is that theyu dont know where in the yard it is. It looked like the property was three square miles big. AHHH well at least we are a little closer to having it