HybridZ

Just a thought for a parking brake for the 4piston wilwood guys

I have thought about this on the propeller shaft as well. Then use the holes on the top of the differential case (I have a RT differential mount, so in my case I could thread these to hold a caliper mounting bracket) to hold the caliper in place over the very small rotor.

Or maybe the other end of the drive shaft and mount it on the tailshaft of the tranny. This is actually how Ford did it on my '66 Grumman step van, albeit, with a drum and shoe set-up.

On a car you wouldn't even need a cable since it's so close to the driver. You could use a simple cam lock system with a lever coming up through the tunnel on a rubber boot.

Wilwood apparently do a 4 pot powerlite caliper with handbrake capabilities:

http://www.rallydesign.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=11370

I'm not entire sure on how good the solution is as I haven't had a set in my hands, it's also a radial mount caliper so not a direct swap in for the typical WW kits like ARZ sell, but something could be made of it I'm sure.

Cheers,

Rob

I have a similar set up for my camaro rear willwoods. It's just the mounting bracket that's not so readily available. I suppose it could be fabricated out of a half inch thick piece of aluminum using off the shelf calipers. Just don't lose the one pad that is not glued on to the side. Mine rolled off somewhere and I had trouble finding out what the part number was.

rztmartini if someone wanted to get real tricky (perfect for some of the drifting setups) you could rig some stock brake caliper to this little guy. trying to dream this one up now...

http://www.ksportusa.com/products/ebrake.html

I was looking for just this setup! But I had concern's about the rear calipers seals, could they hold the pressure required for the extended length of time ( weeks)?

Guest TeamNissan

I would be more concerned with them loosening back up after "weeks" more then being able to hold the preasure. Thats just me though.

TeamNissan Wow thats crazy, I'd think you have a leak if thats the case

I guess it has a internal leak. Tim240z has or had a similar setup in his car ran away from him as well. It just happend to me and it would have been cheaper to buy the brake setup than to pay for the dam body and paint repairs. Man, my car is possessed!!!!