HybridZ

Just removed 40 useless pounds ...

I knew my original spare's rim wouldn't clear the Toyota 4x4 calipers up front, but until tonight, I hadn't thought about the 240sx calipers in the rear. Turns out the stock rim won't clear them either.

No point in leaving it in the car - and it weighs 40 pounds. Outrageous considering how small the tire is.

At least now you wont be surprised by the side of the road when it doesn't fit.
Funny you say that: earlier this evening it dawned on my how stupid I would feel if that's where I would have figured this out. It got me thinking about what else have I overlooked...

For now, that's all I can come up with :)

So what are you going to do, because I have done the 240SX brakes but not the Toyota swap AND I did have a flat and not only did the car not have a usable spare (I should have checked after I bought the car) but now you say the damn thing would not have fit anyway.

So what are you going to do, because I have done the 240SX brakes but not the Toyota swap AND I did have a flat and not only did the car not have a usable spare (I should have checked after I bought the car) but now you say the damn thing would not have fit anyway.
I already had a can of fix-a-flat in the car. If it's worse than that, then it's a flatbed home or to the nearest tire shop.

i carry a spare from the old 80's rear drive maxima [810]. it's a 16" compact spare and easily clears the 240sx calipers i have on the rear. won't clear the mm extreme fronts i have. so if i have a flat on the front gotta do a bit of moving around.

• 3 weeks later...