HybridZ

worst welding ever!!!

Guest TeamNissan

You know I'm sorry to admit I have a sim welder to the mig 100 and I can still lay a better weld that that crap lol. Its just a pain in the butt.

Well just for a comparison(wish i took pictures),the other day my friend broke his motor mount off the frame on his jeep 4 wheeling.I had to pack up my lincoln 135 mig drive it out into the woods and power it with a crappy generator that did not supply enough power,just so i could then weld rusty metal upside down laying in mud with wind blowing the argon away.The result...300% cleaner welds than those pictured above.Now with some perspective i reallly wonder what the hell happened there lol.:confused:

Get an old Harbor Freight type Mig welder with a worn out inner shieth and that is what it will look like. You can weld one bead and it will look great and the next the dang thing will spit no matter what you do. Used an borrowed welder like that on my convertible project. Went though more grinder blades that I would like to mention. No my welds were not that bad but I sure was not happy with some of the results. You get what you pay for in welders.

You get what you pay for in welders.

Not so.

in most cases, yes. In my case, I got my 225 amp Power Mate Century welder. It pulls a lot of amps. it's 230volts. it's old.

But man can it ever lay a bead.

I paid 350 Canadian, about 500 in total with all my gear, and it works better than any other 500 dollar welding kit that I've ever used Including/as well as the SP135, MM135, MigPak10 and 15, and the Clarence 130 and Mastercraft 90.

Even with flux core wire (which I realized, sux monkey testicles), it works wonderfully.

for 350 bucks, I can honestly say I bought a welder worth around 7 - 800 USD.

Well,you did get a century(which is a good thing).You do in fact get what you pay for but sometimes we get lucky and get something good at a junk price.

true, but it goes to show that if u hold out for a while good things usually spring up.