HybridZ

hey wondering which studs i could use, just seems that the nissan long studs are really expensive, buddies tell me that 240sx wheel studs work and they are longer? need to use a baby spacer to make these new negative offset rims fit, any helps appreciated, thanx a bunch.

I found some info on the net a few years ago about using RX-7 studs. They are 52 mm long with 12x1.5 thread. The pressed in part is 12.9m and ours is 12.8 mm. Shouldn't be a big deal putting them in. I bought one at Pepboys the other day for 1.99. It came from a 88 convet. You can look at their book and will tell you the info you need. They had about 3 different brands in the same bin so I just bought one and will look elsewhere for a good brand. The price couldn't be much more if any. The only real drawback is that you would have to buy new lug nuts with them. 2thumbs.gif

Hope this helps

I am using ARP 100-7708 long wheel studs. They are for late model Camaro/Firebirds. The only problem is that you will have to remove the axles to install them because they are too long to fit in between the back of the axle and the hub.

Mike D.

" The only problem is that you will have to remove the axles to install them because they are too long to fit in between the back of the axle and the hub."

I assume you're talking the rear axle stubs? You can remove your drum and find one 'deep' point in which to remove and replace all of your studs....just rotate each time to the same point for the new stud. Might have to drill one hole in your backing plate but still no big deal. Did those studs fit in your holes as is or did you have to redrill your holes larger?

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Digging up an old topic, but does it matter if the studs are suppose to be from the front or rear from a RX-7? Thanks guys!!

I don't think it matters, but it is 2nd gen RX7. That part matters.

what lug nuts r u using with the ARP 100-7708 long wheel studs

Please use proper english and punctuation in the future. The ARP studs are 12mm x 1.5 thread pitch. If you have factory Nissan wheels you can use Toyota 4x4 lug nuts, as they have the same weird shank diameter. For anything else just use the appropriate acorn nut or cut the end off of an aluminum rim lug nut.

The ARP studs are 12mm x 1.5 thread pitch. If you have factory Nissan wheels you can use Toyota 4x4 lug nuts, as they have the same weird shank diameter. For anything else just use the appropriate acorn nut or cut the end off of an aluminum rim lug nut.

The M12 x 1.5 thread is the same as the Honda lug nuts. This will open a whole new world of "tunerz" nuts. FWIW, the factory nuts are radiused where they contact the wheel, not conical. Aftermarket are conical.

chris